BMW OEM Engine Protection Bars

R2K

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Anyone who has these Engine Protection Bars that can give me the outside diamete. 7FF6F11F-337F-4251-B49A-1C8E74CA8F41.jpeg

They're really pushing that a forward foot position is possible despite the jugs. I have no problem throwing my legs up there while she's sitting in the stand in my garage. But while riding, that's a different and awkward story. I bet it's easiest with the cross country saddle.

4E520F82-FE8E-4DF1-9B79-5A8FC220949E.jpeg

(Still shot from the bmw motorrad website video)

/nienchiamao has the bars.

Last edited:
They're really pushing that a forward foot position is possible despite the jugs. I have no problem throwing my legs up there while she's sitting in the stand in my garage. But while riding, that's a different and awkward story. I bet it's easiest with the cross country saddle.

View attachment 2527

(Still shot from the bmw motorrad website video)

/nienchiamao has the bars.
My harley ultra limited highway bar foot peg vs this one,I am sure this one is not bed,very similar time when put your feet back to brake pad and gear shifter position, but do not use oem r18 or classic seat..and if you got long leg,just buy harley foot peg on the top engine guard.than you save 500 usd....

My harley ultra limited highway bar foot peg vs this one,I am sure this one is not bed,very similar time when put your feet back to brake pad and gear shifter position, but do not use oem r18 or classic seat..and if you got long leg,just buy harley foot peg on the top engine guard.than you save 500 usd....
It’s impossible. Your feet will burn

It’s impossible. Your feet will burn
Hay,bmw web site this video he can do it,so I can do it...haaaa
About the bmw highway peg only thing I can imagine it's functionality is fuel tank side panniers bag lower support plate with heat shield. Sorry about my English..

Hay,bmw web site this video he can do it,so I can do it...haaaa
About the bmw highway peg only thing I can imagine it's functionality is fuel tank side panniers bag lower support plate with heat shield. Sorry about my English..
Also...the engine cylinder heat is not that bad when riding. In ottawa 34c it performs well. No knocking at all even use regular gas 87aki

Last edited:
Also...the engine cylinder heat is not that bad when riding. In ottawa 34c it performs well. No knocking at all even us regular gas 87aki
It is the knock you don't hear that is the killer;).Kinda like the gunfire you don't hear,LOL.
Use the gasoline that is recommended,PLEASE & THANK YOU!

Regards,Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird but with every Harley I ride I feel like I am leaning backwards and need to either hold on with my hands, my core, or need a backrest to relax. On the r18 I am completely neutral.

All bodies are different and I expect everyone's experience to differ.

Also...the engine cylinder heat is not that bad when riding. In ottawa 34c it performs well. No knocking at all even us regular gas 87aki
Modern engines have what is called a Kick Semsot
The knock sensor picks up vibration and sound coming from the engine block, turns it into an electronic signal and sends that signal to the engine control unit (ECU). ... The car's computer then judges the information and determines whether or not ignition timing should be altered.
When the engine computer senses knock, it does 2 things, retards the timing and increases fuel flow.
This results in less engine power and increased fuel consumption.
Instead of 80hp you have 50hp and instead of 40 mpg you get 30 mpg.
And that is just the beginning.

Thank you.
Before I use regular, I checked our R18 come with knocking sensor. Than I go with regular....my flhtk ultra limited no knocking sensor....mpg both is same to me I rode slow average is 46 km/h after 2 tank of fuel.
But when throttle released. That back fire like popopo not that loud,but still there, and more easy start up from slow speed clutch engage. My personal opinion.
Thank you too Black Dog! And everyone here.

Back