BMW R 18 The German Pin Up - Review

Enjoyed this, though the excessive use of effusive adjectives was a bit off-putting for my taste. Just how many such adjectives can one work into a review? Is there some sort of competition for this?
I am glad to see a positive review of our bikes but could, perhaps, tone down the fanboy language a bit.
I know, it's just cranky old man me!🙂

I really enjoyed this as well, thank you for sharing Emgarciax.

It is good to see that the bike is getting the recognition it deserves.

Enjoyed this, though the excessive use of effusive adjectives was a bit off-putting for my taste. Just how many such adjectives can one work into a review? Is there some sort of competition for this?
I am glad to see a positive review of our bikes but could, perhaps, tone down the fanboy language a bit.
I know, it's just cranky old man me!🙂
C'mon now Cu Dubh,

It's kind of nice to see some love now, especially after all the early years hate on the platform. Will your curmudgeonly heart grow a couple sizes for this brit having fun with the thesaurus?

el-grinch-grinch.gif

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Mike

Nice actually. Having moved from a HD to the R18 in the cruiser realm I think this really resonated well with me. But to many of my riding buddies it is just a cheap HD knockoff....the one dimension 'thinking' of that crowd is their loss, not mine!

Nice actually. Having moved from a HD to the R18 in the cruiser realm I think this really resonated well with me. But to many of my riding buddies it is just a cheap HD knockoff....the one dimension 'thinking' of that crowd is their loss, not mine!
Any [Insert Japanese Cruiser here] is the true cheap HD knockoff.

Ironically, the Japanese do HD bikes BETTER than HD does in terms of reliability.

But, when BMW introduces a big boxer cruiser on the market...THAT's when HD riders suddenly clutch their pearls?!?! :rolleyes:

I don't buy it.

Mike

It is a CHEAP motorcycle (comparing with a HD) with more expensive materials. Iron vs plastic

PD: former HD Fat Boy owner

Back