BMW R18 Motoscan+OBDLINK LX for ABS Modulator Flush

Calboy

Has any of you performed this maintenance procedure yet?
I am not talking about taking the bike to the stealership and have them perform this service.
I hope someone that went through the whole process in his garage will reply to this thread.
I have a few very specific questions I would like to ask.

Okay. No takers! It doesn't come as a surprise anymore yet it still stings a little bit since I don't seem to be able to rely on my fellow BMW Motorrad comrades for enlightenment.
It sucks, but let's switch gears for diversity's sake.
Does anybody know what teams are going to play in Super Bowl LVII?

I haven't purchase a OBDLink - LX system as of yet; however, I did see a YouTube video which allows a user to activate specific functions from the device. It was a pretty basic demonstration though (Turn Signals, Fuel Pump, etc); I imagine the ABS pump is on the list of functions?

Sorry, I don't have any first hand experience at this time...

Go Eagles..!!

Okay. No takers! It doesn't come as a surprise anymore yet it still stings a little bit since I don't seem to be able to rely on my fellow BMW Motorrad comrades for enlightenment.
You got your answer; no one here knows. As for me? I own a GS-911, so I cannot assist you with your request either.

A snarky response isn't the way to stoke goodwill for future Q&A. Just accept that this particular question went unanswered and...maybe YOU can actually contribute a DIY here and tell us and the internet how to perform the tasks you were asking about. Our bikes are only a couple years old. We are the "plank owners", to borrow a naval term, so the onus is on us to provide real-world feedback to the internet.

Mike

Since you mentioned the GS-911. Have you ever made any attempts at actuator brake flush using the device at hand? Do you know if that option even exists in the ABS sub-menu? And I'm talking R18 here, not the GS or any other BMW bike. I believe you haven't, otherwise you would have mentioned something about it, wouldn't you?
At this point I would have preferred your quietness over this unnecessary lecturing about what my understanding should be in regard to not getting any answers to my post from the collective mind of this particular forum.
I asked the question hoping that someone may even have a partial answer, something useful that I can understand and move forward with.
I wrote MotoScan an e-mail about this issues, but I'm still waiting for an answer three days later. In the meantime I purchased a UniCarScan UCSI-2100 Bluetooth Scanner, designed by the same company responsible for the MotoScan App.
They advertise it as the only tool that can fully decode the ABS control unit and allow for a front and rear bleed of the ABS brake circuit.
I am supposed to be getting it by tomorrow.
I will post my findings as I move along.
Get your GS 911 out of the case, get to work, and report your findings. Otherwise it's nothing but a waste of $400.00
Unless you're happy being happy to reset the service light only...
P.S. I am aware that this procedure (bleeding the ABS actuator) is not absolutely necessary. Being a new system, a correct mechanical bleeding of the brakes is good enough.
But I'm possessed by curiosity!

Last edited:
Since you mentioned the GS-911. Have you ever made any attempts at actuator brake flush using the device at hand? Do you know if that option even exists in the ABS sub-menu? And I'm talking R18 here, not the GS or any other BMW bike. I believe you haven't, otherwise you would have mentioned something about it, wouldn't you?
At this point I would have preferred your quietness over this unnecessary lecturing about what my understanding should be in regard to not getting any answers to my post from the collective mind of this particular forum.
I asked the question hoping that someone may even have a partial answer, something useful that I can understand and move forward with.
I wrote MotoScan an e-mail about this issues, but I'm still waiting for an answer three days later. In the meantime I purchased a UniCarScan UCSI-2100 Bluetooth Scanner, designed by the same company responsible for the MotoScan App.
They advertise it as the only tool that can fully decode the ABS control unit and allow for a front and rear bleed of the ABS brake circuit.
I am supposed to be getting it by tomorrow.
I will post my findings as I move along.
Get your GS 911 out of the case, get to work, and report your findings. Otherwise it's nothing but a waste of $400.00
Unless you're happy being happy to reset the service light only...
P.S. I am aware that this procedure (bleeding the ABS actuator) is not absolutely necessary. Being a new system, a correct mechanical bleeding of the brakes is good enough.
But I'm possessed by curiosity!

Man...
WTF.gif
what in the actual "F" is your problem?

I owe you nothing, and no, I will not go out and do a brake bleed with my GS-911 for you.

I'm calling out your rude, troll-like behavior on this forum. I did a little dive into past posts of yours and quite frankly, I'm surprised you're still allowed to post on here. I didn't even have to click into page 2 of your past posts to see your MO. I'm old-fashioned and think that people shouldn't be a**holes for no good reason.

One, on Sunday you ask a question. Then, you give it ONE DAY before coming back with your snark response. Normally, people would just "bump" reply to their own question posts to keep attention, but not you. You burned your own bridge before giving anyone a chance to cross it to help you.

SMH...

Mike

Edit: I wanted to add this screenshot for clarification on your past rude behavior on this forum:

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 17.56.43.png

Man what in the actual "F" is your problem?

I owe you nothing, and no, I will not go out and do a brake bleed with my GS-911 for you.

I'm calling out your rude, troll-like behavior on this forum. I did a little dive into past posts of yours and quite frankly, I'm surprised you're still allowed to post on here. I didn't even have to click into page 2 of your past posts to see your MO. I'm old-fashioned and think that people shouldn't be a**holes for no good reason.

One, on Sunday you ask a question. Then, you give it ONE DAY before coming back with your snark response. Normally, people would just "bump" reply to their own question posts to keep attention, but not you. You burned your own bridge before giving anyone a chance to cross it to help you.

I am flattered to know you dedicated some precious time to finding out who "I am." based on some messages I posted that you obviously don't understand. You're too tense for your own good. Relax a little
Nobody asked you to do anything with your beloved GS 911 for me. I thought you'd be interested in figuring out the brake flushing procedure, but obviously you are more preoccupied with me as a person than the message I was conveying. How and why I was an arsehole it's beyond me. I never attacked your person. You based your comments on some funny replies I posted, all in good humour just like a good comedian.
It took you to turn it into something that It's never been. It took an "old fashioned" individual like you to make these giant waves that smell like rubbish. Over nothing. If you don't dig my humour just put me on "ignore" and have a ball doing it.
Trust me, I would have got banned like a pariah had I given whoever good reasons to do it. Thank God the moderators are not Keehn and they can discern and see things for what they truly are.
How old are you?

Calboy,
go love yourself and leave the forum for the adults
Nobody asked you anything, man. What a totally uncalled for, retarded message you just posted.
You should mind your own business
Just a wild guess. You're one of the "adults", aren't you?

So... i purchased OBDLINK MX+ and Limited Motoscan app license.

There is no option to flush ABS with that combo. Reset service light - yes, get fault info - yes, flush ABS - no.
I have another BMW motorcycle where Motoscan can be used to flush ABS so i'm still happy with a purchase. And it's the cheapest option (especially, with wired OBDLINK) to reset the service light.

As for the brake fluid - i flushed it with good old "squeeze and release".

Hi Paul,
I am on the fence about doing the routine servicing myself rather than using the dealer. I don’t do many miles nowadays so not only will I enjoy doing it I’ll save a bundle of cash, i don’t really plan on ever selling it so a dealer FSH doesn’t bother me that much. The service reset is a nuisance though and I’m trying to way up options. Seems there’s the GS911 gizmo and the one you bought but it’s way cheaper. Under £100. Is the OBD link what’s in the pic below and is it easy to use, like idiot proof, do you need anything else to make it work? Appreciate any advice you can give me before going ahead….I have searched on the forum but not really found anything to help. Cheers Jon

IMG_1215.jpeg

Well dude that attitude will achieve all the help you require...lmao

Back