BMW Stop Sale

Silly question but do we think that perhaps not filling the tank to the brim would help? I don’t mean not to fill it up to the top, I mean not to push a bit extra once the petrol pump nozzle has clicked.
Maybe a silly question but it was a thought that crossed my mind as I don’t have a clue how the EVAP system works but I think I get the idea.

Remember the CO2 emissions scandal at VW also affecting Audi, Skoda and SEAT?
it wasn't CO2, it was NOX related.

Volkswagen Audi Group and Porsche, mainly in conjunction with Robert Bosch, who supplies their MAF, ECU, and fuel injection system, had originally created 2 mapping systems in the ECU, one for manual transmission, and one for Automatic transmissions, to meet emission requirements. VW engineers used the manual transmission mapping instead for stationary pollution standards testing when on the machine for one tune, and the normal driving mode when travelling, which gave much much better MPG's and less DEF consumption, the rest of the time, minimizing operating costs. High MPG tunes run advanced injection timing, which creates higher combustion temperatures, which causes less C02 and more NOX in the composition of the exhaust. NOX has a half life of about 3.5 hours in direct sunlight. Not a problem in sunny locations, is a problem in cloudy locations.

I've owned 3 passat TDI's and 3 Touareg TDI's affected by this VW dieselgate drama. The original fuel mapping injection tunes and timing, up through 2015, gave exceptional MPG in all vehicles they were in. The " fix it" CARB tunes are garbage and have decreased miles per tankful traveled easily by 12 to 15% on open highways and interstates.

Silly question but do we think that perhaps not filling the tank to the brim would help? I don’t mean not to fill it up to the top, I mean not to push a bit extra once the petrol pump nozzle has clicked.
Maybe a silly question but it was a thought that crossed my mind as I don’t have a clue how the EVAP system works but I think I get the idea.
Yes, it does help. I've tried once to fill my R1250 GS to the brim. A little bit of overflow came out somewhere near the front end of the rear tire, onto the ground, out of the evaporative canister.

If you take the time to read your owners manual, it mentions somewhere in there not trying to top off the fuel tank, it will damage the evaporative canister.

Yes, it does help. I've tried once to fill my R1250 GS to the brim. A little bit of overflow came out somewhere near the front end of the rear tire, onto the ground, out of the evaporative canister.

If you take the time to read your owners manual, it mentions somewhere in there not trying to top off the fuel tank, it will damage the evaporative canister.
Thank you.
I have not read the manual entirely but I would have thought that as soon as the nozzle cuts off, you should stop trying to squeeze a little extra fuel on. I much doubt an extra couple of ounces will give you that much extra range.

Thank you.
I have not read the manual entirely but I would have thought that as soon as the nozzle cuts off, you should stop trying to squeeze a little extra fuel on. I much doubt an extra couple of ounces will give you that much extra range.
I'd think that a 6.2 gallon fuel tank is a pretty generous quantity and range on a B or a TC. The Base and Classic models, the tank is a couple gallons smaller.

Back