Bobber kit options to date

I’m just looking for the fender and the plate holder. I’m not interested in the Homage seat.

I’m just looking for the fender and the plate holder. I’m not interested in the Homage seat.
oops, sorry
The whole setup price is pretty good.Maybe buy it and sell the seat.

Paint is required to complete the install. I did get a price from the dealer for paint and the classic white strips. This added additional cost to the kit. I don’t remember the quote because it included installation of the bobber kit. If memory serves me, like $300-$400 for paint and strips.

I’m not convinced I like the BMW seat and may buy the Walzwerk seat after the kit is installed (If possible)

Last edited:
Paint is required to complete the install. I did get a price from the dealer for paint and the classic white strips. This added additional cost to the kit. I don’t remember the quote because it included installation of the bobber kit. If memory serves me, like $300-$400 for paint and strips.

I’m not convinced I like the BMW seat and may buy the Walzwerk seat after the kit is installed (If possible)
I’m in retail automotive and we have a few body shops that do my paintwork. My bike is the base so I don’t need the pinstripes done.

3-400 for paint work is incredible, but makes me wonder. My painter ordered a pint of colorrite to paint my front and rear fenders and side panels. it was $300 his cost. Glazirit, or Akzol is twice that cost. Never mind acid etched primer, urethane primer, clear, raptor undercoating etc. oh and then there is labor.

3-400 for paint work is incredible, but makes me wonder. My painter ordered a pint of colorrite to paint my front and rear fenders and side panels. it was $300 his cost. Glazirit, or Akzol is twice that cost. Never mind acid etched primer, urethane primer, clear, raptor undercoating etc. oh and then there is labor.
I have my paint mixed to match after analyzing an existing panel. So I will take over the side cover and they will use it to get a perfect color match.

Colorite is ridiculous with their pricing.

3-400 for paint work is incredible, but makes me wonder. My painter ordered a pint of colorrite to paint my front and rear fenders abs i it was $300 his cost. Glazirit, or Akzol is twice that cost. Never mind acid etched primer, urethane primer, clear, raptor undercoating etc. oh and then there is labor.
I have my paint mixed to match after analyzing an existing panel. So I will take over the side cover and they will use it to get a perfect color match.

Colorite is ridiculous with their pricing.
all depends on the quality you want in your paint.

As far as color goes. Color match based on a piece of metallic black is one thing, getting the correct code match is another.

3-400 for paint work is incredible, but makes me wonder. My painter ordered a pint of colorrite to paint my front and rear fenders abs i it was $300 his cost. Glazirit, or Akzol is twice that cost. Never mind acid etched primer, urethane primer, clear, raptor undercoating etc. oh and then there is labor.

all depends on the quality you want in your paint.

As far as color goes. Color match based on a piece of metallic black is one thing, getting the correct code match is another.
I have never had an issue getting a match. These shops do all of our Lexus work as well as the premium high line brands. Quality is not an Issue.

I have never had an issue getting a match. These shops do all of our Lexus work as well as the premium high line brands. Quality is not an Issue.
Hey,MD.
Hannigan color matched my bike perfectly.They mix the paint right in there shop.You shouldn't have any issues with matching the paint.

Been seeing photos of what appears to be bikes with stock BMW bobber kits popping up on Facebook. What’s the deal? Are all the parts (seat, hardware, rear fender, license plate bracket, turn signals, wire harness) now available from US dealers?

Been seeing photos of what appears to be bikes with stock BMW bobber kits popping up on Facebook. What’s the deal? Are all the parts (seat, hardware, rear fender, license plate bracket, turn signals, wire harness) now available from US dealers?
The kit is available. I received mine yesterday. It includes the parts you've listed except for perhaps the turn signals. I have not unpacked everything yet. I paid $1450.

Thank you. From whom did you order?
mail
LONG BEACH BMW MOTORCYCLES
2125 E SPRING STREET
LONG BEACH, CA, US, 90806

I dealt with Chelsea who is incredibly knowledgeable & helpful.​

Last edited:
I made a combination
1) Walzwerk
2000 (unpainted) to 2800 (painted) euros

View attachment 1484

2) FCR
700 euros for the fender. 1300 for the saddle.

View attachment 1485

3) Wunderkind
2150 euros.

View attachment 1486

4) LMC

View attachment 1495

*their online shop link has been down for a few days so I can't get a price.

This is all I have which is currently available. Wunderkind says "Parts are only suitable for models which are produced for the European market. Not suitable for US models!" Any idea what could be so different or specific for the European market? All I can think of is the size of the side license plate mount, which isn't included in this kit anyhow.

/feel free to add. Or just list a source and I'll update this post.
I did my own combination of :
- Wunderlich rear fender (779 €)
- Kellermann LED indicator & brake combo (200€)
- Wunderlich Licence plate holder (299 €)
- Wunderlich Rockbob saddle (899 €)
result is in the picture (with Jeckyl & Hide pipes)

Attachments

• DSC_1834.JPG
    DSC_1834.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • DSC_1836.JPG
    DSC_1836.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • DSC_1837.JPG
    DSC_1837.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
I made a combination

I did my own combination of :
- Wunderlich rear fender (779 €)
- Kellermann LED indicator & brake combo (200€)
- Wunderlich Licence plate holder (299 €)
- Wunderlich Rockbob saddle (899 €)
result is in the picture (with Jeckyl & Hide pipes)
Nice setup! Did you have to take off the rear wheel to install the fender?

Back