BT-Moto Bren Tune after factory software update - great service

moleculo

I had to take my TC in for some minor warranty work and wanted to get the software updated while there as mine was many revisions back. I followed the BT-Moto instructions and put the ECU back to stock before taking it in. The BT-Moto instructions for updating after a factory software update are a little incomplete; you can't just re-read the ECU and send it in using the web form for your account. Rather, you have to go to this link: https://bt-moto.com/product/diagnostic-tool-re-mapping-for-diagnostic-tool-owners-only and purchase the reset. Once you do that, you'll be contacted via phone to do a reset of the tuner which involves giving the the Hex code and they give you a 4 digit reset code. The hex code changes every time you go to reset, which is why they do this on the phone. Once you've reset, you need to update the tuner software using the MyGenius Client - it will auto detect that it needs an update. Now you can go through the process to read the new ECU, upload to BT-Moto and apply the tuned ECU back.

FWIW, I ran the bike for a week with the stage 2 DNA and Freedom performance exhaust with no baffles with stock ECU. It exhibits all the characteristics you'd expect with open exhaust and little back pressure. Once retuned by BT-Moto, it takes a few minutes for the computer to adjust the air/fuel mixture but once it has it, the difference is outstanding. Even though it costs you a few bucks to get retuned whenever the ECU software is updated by the dealer, the Bren Tune is still worth it, IMO.

Thanks for the write up. My Freedom Performance exhaust comes in within a few days and I’m close to needing maintenance. I was curious what I needed to do for the re-tune.

How much was the re-tune if you don’t mind me asking?

CBullard

Back