BT Moto ECU Flash Group Buy and Discount!

Hi all, new to forum. I just bought a new 2021 R 18 Classic. should get this week. How is this tune done? is there a Youtube video of installation?
Have other questions too.
-Any good driver seat back rest recommendations?
-Crash bars?
-Floor boards, mine has pegs
-Does the bike have 12V cigarette or USB plugs.

Sorry for so many questions but new to the R 18 and it is my first new motorcycle.
Thanks
Congrats on the new bike!

Get the bike. Ride around for a few weeks. Search the forum for entertainment and knowledge and then get back to us with any questions you might have. Everyone is here to help.

Enjoy the ride.

Finally got round to uploading my bikes map and sending back to BrenTune. Even though it is Easter Monday (At least here in UK), I had a reply within the hour to confirm my email and gif file had been received.
The process of preparing the OBD reader and lifting the file from the bike was painless enough. One thing of note. It seems that BMW have placed the OBD connector in different places on different bikes, in different countries. Here in the UK I found the connector behind the left hand cover as opposed to the right hand cover as shown in handbook. See attached pic.
I will update further once completed.

Attachments

• 93387200-9E4C-4F58-BAE1-8CF29322F4E9.jpeg
    93387200-9E4C-4F58-BAE1-8CF29322F4E9.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 24
Yeah,Brentune sent me my tune on Christmas day.Great company. Also,
Cool that the connector is on the left side.
The right side is a Pain In The A$$.
Agree with you there. I was ready for your tip regarding the fact the plug needs to be squeezed in a certain way. When I saw how tight things were on the drive shaft side, it came as a great relief to see it on the other side where it couldn't have been any more accessible.

Agree with you there. I was ready for your tip regarding the fact the plug needs to be squeezed in a certain way. When I saw how tight things were on the drive shaft side, it came as a great relief to see it on the other side where it couldn't have been any more accessible.
Yeah,Brentune sent me my tune on Christmas day.Great company.
Also,
Cool that the connector is on the left side.
The right side espicially with the sidecar is a Pain In The A$$.May look into moving the OBD to clear codes easier.
thx for the info/update.

Have you started the bike with the tune yet?I noticed a difference in sound, response and smooth idle quality.

Have you started the bike with the tune yet?I noticed a difference in sound, response and smooth idle quality.
No. Brentune only acknowledged my email. They haven't as yet sent the tune back. I will record the sound of the bike before the upgrade (if I remember), so I can compare following the upgrade.

No. Brentune only acknowledged my email. They haven't as yet sent the tune back.
oh, okay.Please keep us updated.Thanks for being part of the solution to our beloved R18s.I have gotten more information here than the dealer since these bikes are so new to the world.
Just waiting for the manual to do all the services myself.

oh, okay.Please keep us updated.Thanks for being part of the solution to our beloved R18s.I have gotten more information here than the dealer since these bikes are so new to the world.
Just waiting for the manual to do all the services myself.
Still waiting on BrenTune. I know it’s only 24 hours so no concerns, just impatient to go. 😊

Is this group buy still available? I had the stage 1 in my cart and then stumbled on this thread. I'm anxious to see what this will do with my modified factory exhaust.

Hi All ,
What happened with this flashing group? Is it happening? Some issues ?
It ended Valentines day.
You may try contacting BT Moto by sending them a PM here thru the R18 forum to see if they can help with pricing.

This is the original post:

They honored the group buy price for me when I posted earlier. It should be here this week. I'm almost through the bike break-in after which the DNA air filter is going in and the tune will happen.

I am Interested to see the result .
Since I was the one that helped with the group buy,I sent them a PM message on the subject.It is possible that they have a extended weekend because of Memorial Day.Hopefully you will hear back soon.

Back