Buffeting Beatdown

I installed the masked wind deflector - part number 77339444313 - $318.00 delivered to my home via BMW Motorrad. I was expecting a completely black part, but you’re right, it’s clear with blacked out lower portion to cover the mounts.

I’m waiting for the roads to dry today to try it. I will report back. In the interim, this is what it looks like.

IMG_0210.jpegIMG_0209.jpegIMG_0207.jpegIMG_0208.jpeg

fyi - the part arrived packaged and sold as new, but when I removed it from the packaging it was apparent it had been installed previously. Finger prints. Bug residue. Marks around the mounting holes where the rubber met the plastic.

Definitely not ideal and certainly not something I would expect from BMW.

Clear - Masked doesn't look bad at all; I thought I saw a forum member that did the black tint deflector with good results.

70 miles in, the wind deflector is an improvement over no screen - buffeting and comfort is slightly improved over running naked and it definitely looks better.

Wind hits me roughly half way up my helmet visor. Wind noise is there and I will be cleaning bugs off my visor, but I get airflow through my helmet venting, which is a very good thing.

Being that I do not prefer to look through a screen, the low wind deflector is the best solution I’ve used - I can definitely live with it.

If a person doesn’t mind or prefers looking through their screen, maybe the TC or 7jurock screens might be better for them. But if you don’t like looking through the screen, you might give the defector a try.

Worst to best for me:

7jurock 18” (because of look-through)
Stock bagger screen (tooth chattering!)
No screen
Low wind deflector

I’m 5’7” and get terrible, tooth-chattering vibration with the stock R18B screen at anything over 60 mph. I’m a spirited rider and spend most of my time well over 60.

I purchased a 18” 7jurock but it didn’t eliminate the vibes and my line of sight is right at the distorted curve in the screen. Can’t do that.

Tonight I pulled the screen completely off and rode it without - works really well for me. As soon as I got home I ordered a masked wind deflector - hope it doesn’t reintroduce the vibes.

I’m 5’7” and get terrible, tooth-chattering vibration with the stock R18B screen at anything over 60 mph. I’m a spirited rider and spend most of my time well over 60.

I purchased a 18” 7jurock but it didn’t eliminate the vibes and my line of sight is right at the distorted curve in the screen. Can’t do that.

Tonight I pulled the screen completely off and rode it without - works really well for me. As soon as I got home I ordered a masked wind deflector - hope it doesn’t reintroduce the vibes.
The tall wind deflector is what I orderd, the little black triangle is what I made, worked perfectly, cost for both was around $70

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_072544_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_072544_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
I test drove mine and I told them that there was buffering and it was bad. They offered the larger wind screen that was on the transcontinental but I didn’t want to be looking through a windshield. I liked the height of the one the the r18b I was getting. So they got me an attatchment that was barley higher than the stock windshield but cut the wind better and now I feel no buffeting. I’m 5’6”

I test drove mine and I told them that there was buffering and it was bad. They offered the larger wind screen that was on the transcontinental but I didn’t want to be looking through a windshield. I liked the height of the one the the r18b I was getting. So they got me an attatchment that was barley higher than the stock windshield but cut the wind better and now I feel no buffeting. I’m 5’6”
drive a car....ride a bike

Instalé el deflector de viento enmascarado - número de parte 77339444313 - $318.00 entregado en mi casa a través de BMW Motorrad. Esperaba una parte completamente negra, pero tiene razón, está claro con la parte inferior oscurecida para cubrir las monturas.

Estoy esperando a que las carreteras se sequen hoy para probarlo. Informaré de nuevo. Mientras tanto, esto es lo que parece.

View attachment 9858View attachment 9859View attachment 9860View attachment 9861

Instalé el deflector de viento enmascarado - número de parte 77339444313 - $318.00 entregado en mi casa a través de BMW Motorrad. Esperaba una parte completamente negra, pero tienes razón, está claro con la parte inferior oscurecida para cubrir las monturas.

Estoy esperando a que las carreteras se sequen hoy para probarlo. Informaré de nuevo. Mientras tanto, esto es lo que parece.

View attachment 9858View attachment 9859View attachment 9860View attachment 9861
que es la pieza que tienes en la cúpula pegada es para el movil?

G'day, what attachment did they give you?

Back