Classic Front Fender

TopAce

R5 style front fender for the R18. I went out to ebay and ordered this fender, made of aluminum, very heavy gauge, paint with white stripes looks match perfect. The fender now blocks all road dirt from covering the front of the engine ( and my face). The fender comes with mounting hardware.
The bike now looks more R5 now. I have attached photos of my bike.

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 45
  • F6.jpg
    F6.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 44
  • F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 44
I have the same and like it a lot - on top of a better look it blocks all the dirt, most importantly, from the oil radiator cover. I have Wunderlich chrome one installed and it quickly accumulated a lot of dirt before this new fender.

R5 style front fender for the R18. I went out to ebay and ordered this fender, made of aluminum, very heavy gauge, paint with white stripes looks match perfect. The fender now blocks all road dirt from covering the front of the engine ( and my face). The fender comes with mounting hardware.
The bike now looks more R5 now. I have attached photos of my bike.
Link please and thank you

Waiting patiently for mine to arrive. Did you have to remove the front wheel to install ?
BMW uses tons of some kind of gray locktite.It was easier for me to take the front wheel off to install my DK fender.I did not have a swivel that would work for me.
Good luck.

Received the fender yesterday. Beautiful reproduction of the heritage style. However…….paintwork on top / white striping very nice . The sides of fender different story ; it’s as if somebody applied the clear and then rested fender against something. Marks down both sides. Sent message to John Vanidz ( Ebay site : lives Florida , imports from Estonia ) but no response yet. See what eventuates.

Received the fender yesterday. Beautiful reproduction of the heritage style. However…….paintwork on top / white striping very nice . The sides of fender different story ; it’s as if somebody applied the clear and then rested fender against something. Marks down both sides. Sent message to John Vanidz ( Ebay site : lives Florida , imports from Estonia ) but no response yet. See what eventuates.
I hope that can be polished out or repaired easily, sounds like it might just be in the clear? I just received the same fender from Estonia, arrived well packed and in reasonable time. Very nicely constructed and impressively solid especially for aluminum. The paint overall and striping is beautiful as you pointed out, it is really well done. I look forward to mounting it in near future.

It was well packed. I sent email before purchasing that a member on this site had issues in past with damaged paint. Was assured that no longer an issue with packaging. Their quality control is obviously sub standard.

It was well packed. I sent email before purchasing that a member on this site had issues in past with damaged paint. Was assured that no longer an issue with packaging. Their quality control is obviously sub standard.
I'm that member:) Talk to the seller- he's very collaborative. When I received a damaged one he offered a replacement OR to cover the repair. Sides paint can probably be fixed at relatively reasonable cost...

Back