Classic Without Screen

If it helps anyone, here is a full parts list for the windshield and needed hardware and parts as an add on assembly to the R18. Low windshield, upper and lower mounting frames with aux. lighting in black.
R18_Windshield_Mt_Aux_Lamp_Assy_Parts_List.jpg

your r18 classic looks great without the windscreen. I wonder how it would look without the bags, and the back seat? do you ever regret getting the classic just because you might think the first edition looks better, but is less practical? I like the way the first edition looks, a lot more then the classic when i checked these out at the dealership recently. But the classic is a lot more practical with its long distance seat, foot boards, more lighting, cruise control, heel-toe shifter, smaller front tire. I talked about getting a first edition then adding foot boards and at that point u might as well get the classic.
By the time you add bags, a windshield, floorboards, cruise control, etc you've probably well exceed the cost of the Classic. I just purchased the 2021 Classic and have the ability to remove the bags and windshield along with having the more streamlined exhaust if I really want the "naked" look. The configuration pictured above will be my everyday riding style minus the pillion creature comfort.

It's my understanding the Classic also has a steering damper that improves the ride.

By the time you add bags, a windshield, floorboards, cruise control, etc you've probably well exceed the cost of the Classic. I just purchased the 2021 Classic and have the ability to remove the bags and windshield along with having the more streamlined exhaust if I really want the "naked" look. The configuration pictured above will be my everyday riding style minus the pillion creature comfort.

It's my understanding the Classic also has a steering damper that improves the ride.
I agree. The Classic is a convertible, it can be a base R18 removing the bags and windshield, but can become a touring rig in <10 minutes by adding them back. I have my screen on now in winter as it makes it more comfortable in cold temps, but can pull it off in summer quickly to get more airflow.

To me, unless you really love the base R18 exhaust, the Classic is the one to get due to that convertible nature and the substantial savings getting them bundled over adding the screen, floor boards, bags and cruise control to a base R18.

I agree. The Classic is a convertible, it can be a base R18 removing the bags and windshield, but can become a touring rig in <10 minutes by adding them back. I have my screen on now in winter as it makes it more comfortable in cold temps, but can pull it off in summer quickly to get more airflow.

To me, unless you really love the base R18 exhaust, the Classic is the one to get due to that convertible nature and the substantial savings getting them bundled over adding the screen, floor boards, bags and cruise control to a base R18.
I agree plus,give time, time and folks will be able to buy take off fishtails.

I removed the windscreen from my Classic today and went for a nice long ride. The buffeting was significantly reduced. I think I'll leave the wind screen off unless there's inclement weather.

I took the windshield off last week, also enjoying the warm weather and openness of the view without it. The bike also looks much sportier.
Today I am changing the seats, got the weekender. I will just install the rider's seat, so my pretty Berlina will look even much sportier and sexier ;)
Will post pics when done.
IMG_4509.jpeg

full

Last edited:
Back