Clock

Frenchie

So ever since I took delivery of the R18 pure FE I have not been able to programme the time and date into the clock.
I spent hours following the instructions, thinking the time and date is set then as soon as it is shut off and restarted it went back to zero. annoying.
When I had the freeway puncture and limped home, BMW picked up the bike and 2 weeks later have finally got an inner tube (rear) and new valve set. They have also confirmed that the clock is broken, unprogramable and will be changed.
So will carry on with a defective clock until new one arrives under warranty.

Has the clock thing happened to anyone else?

Ah life happens, hasn't put me off, the puncture happened at 100kph on a freeway surrounded by 32 wheelers.. the bike vibrated much more than usual but was steady as a rock. I was 3 kms from home so risked getting there before air ran out. Besides that no where to stop on the Periferico in Guadalajara without being hit by a big truck.

The clock well that's just bad luck..weird.. no idea how long this will take..

Thanks for commenting..

I hate electrical problems…..especially on a new bike. I hope a dealer is near.

So a little update , here we are mid January and BMW Guadalajara still haven't received inner tubes, Amazon gives delivery dates 1 month forward.
I phone Harley D and sure enough they have shed loads of them.. go back to BMW who apologised and sent a gopher to HD to buy them out of stock they have 9 bikes waiting...grrrrr..
Oh and still waiting on the Clock.. great bike but service...........grrrrr

So a little update , here we are mid January and BMW Guadalajara still haven't received inner tubes, Amazon gives delivery dates 1 month forward.
I phone Harley D and sure enough they have shed loads of them.. go back to BMW who apologised and sent a gopher to HD to buy them out of stock they have 9 bikes waiting...grrrrr..
Oh and still waiting on the Clock.. great bike but service...........grrrrr
9 R18s sat waiting with punctures? Or other models too? Ridiculous either way but you would have thought they’d have done what you did and tried to find alternative suppliers. Maintaining customer confidence in the brand is essential and having to wait so long for something as simple as an inner tube is not the way to do it.

Back