Committed a cardinal sin

Decide to afix a Ural tub to my classic. Fun and convenient for groceries although it is a workout steering it around. The dog likes it as well. View attachment 10773View attachment 10774
That’s cool. A few weeks ago I stopped at a roadside cafe and started chatting to three guys who were on a road trip around England. Two had sidecars on their bikes. So rarely seen over here. Looked like tremendous fun.

Does the chair ever “fly” and how heavy is the steering ?
Yes, it does fly on fast, tight right turns. It's very manageable with some practice. The steering effort depends on the road. Bumpy roads with a distinct crown pull to the right quite a bit requiring constant correction which can get tiresome after a few hours. Smooth roads are pleasant but still require some corrections. Overall, it's fun and in my opinion worth the extra effort.

Very nice! ... Can you modify/adjust the angle (toe in/toe out) between the bike and the side hack to help with the steering corrections?

Very nice! ... Can you modify/adjust the angle (toe in/toe out) between the bike and the side hack to help with the steering corrections?
I guess I could, but it was set up by a professional with many years of experience. This is the best it can get according to him. The Ural is a very heavy sidecar being all steel and aluminum. Straight line isn't bad. Additional steering dampening is needed. Waiting on an extra dampener.

Back