Confusion on BMW Seat option 719

Ok, I'm super annoyed that it seems like it so hard to determine what seating options are available for the R18Bagger.

Apparently there is a option 719 available for the R18B, but I really can't tell what they look like.

I think this is the part number that I find on eBay 52539829342.
this is a photo from eBay
719ebay.jpeg

But, when I look up that part number on BMW site it looks like this:

719bmw.png

from the BMW Customization Inspiration two page it says The black Option 719 seat in standard seat height with diamond stitching stands out with its sophisticated looks.
but doesn't offer a part number
https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/m...ion.html#/section-customizing-inspiration-two
inspiration.jpeg

Are they in fact the same thing?

Also BMW accessory site doesn't mention anything about a 719 option seat for R18B, just 720mm or 740mm.

What is being measured with the 720 and 740mm??

What is the difference between a stock seat and the 719 option seat?

I'm looking for wider and firmer, the stock seat feels like someone just wrapped some foam around a piece of pipe.

Thanks for listening to me bitch.

Last edited:
719 is just the diamond stitching, it is the same dimensions as the standard seat. The 3rd option is the comfort high seat, which is thicker (taller) but not wider, and if anything, it is softer. If you want wider and firmer youll have to go aftermarket.

What are my aftermarket options for a bagger? The closest I can find is Corbin, but it is only in the dual touring which looks like the passenger seat is super huge.

77342469399 is the part number for a heated Mustang Cross Country seat for the B/TC models. They were meant to be available early Feb, worth asking your dealer.

Hi Further. I believe you are correct. I ordered the higher seat option for mine (710mm as opposed to the standard 690mm) when I bought it and went through the dealer. They had exactly the same issue placing the order for me with BMW mothership and for whatever bizarre reason BMW don’t list these seats on their website with part numbers 🤷‍♂️. Their parts guy was equally exasperated. I did get the correct seat delivered albeit I had to wait about a fortnight.

The "diamond stitching" on the 719 seat are not real seams but merely decoration, right? Stupid and dishonest marketing...
Its heat stamped (I would guess for longevity). None of the seats are real leather anyways (not sure I would even want true leather in something that is likely to get wet. Cost me almost as much to get my Dianese jacket cleaned as it did to buy it last time it got soaked. Not sure I want to deal with that mess with a seat.

Not sure how its stupid or dishonest.
Yes, its not purely dual layer leather with thin padding stitched into a diamond quilt. But again, that is much more likley to tear a thread or two over time whereas the stamped stuff will stand to much more movement. Regardless, it would be for decoration either way. You're allowed your opinion of that being stupid, but to each their own, right???? As far as dishonest? Would you feel better if they put the diamond stitched part in quotations? You're splitting thin hairs here. I dont really know how else they could decribe it.

I agree with a lot of what you said, and I really do like the looks of the 719 seat - including the diamond pattern. I just dislike the fancy, misleading description.

77342469399 is the part number for a heated Mustang Cross Country seat for the B/TC models. They were meant to be available early Feb, worth asking your dealer.

Found the part number here:
https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/oem-parts/bmw-motorrad-set-seat-cross-country-77342469399

So, I asked BMW if this seat will fit my R18Bagger? did they have a photo? and this was their reply:
"I'm not sure. I can't find the fitment information for that part number. There is no picture available."

So I emailed Mustang and asked them if they had a photo and whether it would fit my R18Bagger and this was their reply:
"Unfortunately, we do not have any information on the seats for the R18 seats. We re contracted through BMW and all information has to go through them. The item number you listed is not a Mustang part #. It probably is BMW’s revised number. We do not sell those seats to the Public. We only have 2 seats we sell for a BMW and it is for the R nine T and Scrambler."

I'm sorry, but WTF, really.
What advantage is it to Mustang or Vance and Hines to not sell to the public?
I've given both of those companies thousands of dollars over the years without needing to go to a motorcycle manufacturer.

Just plain weird in my opinion.

Thanks again for listening to me bitch about not being able to spend money.

Found the part number here:
https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/oem-parts/bmw-motorrad-set-seat-cross-country-77342469399

So, I asked BMW if this seat will fit my R18Bagger? did they have a photo? and this was their reply:
"I'm not sure. I can't find the fitment information for that part number. There is no picture available."

So I emailed Mustang and asked them if they had a photo and whether it would fit my R18Bagger and this was their reply:
"Unfortunately, we do not have any information on the seats for the R18 seats. We re contracted through BMW and all information has to go through them. The item number you listed is not a Mustang part #. It probably is BMW’s revised number. We do not sell those seats to the Public. We only have 2 seats we sell for a BMW and it is for the R nine T and Scrambler."

I'm sorry, but WTF, really.
What advantage is it to Mustang or Vance and Hines to not sell to the public?
I've given both of those companies thousands of dollars over the years without needing to go to a motorcycle manufacturer.

Just plain weird in my opinion.

Thanks again for listening to me bitch about not being able to spend money.
It looks just like the CC seat for the R18/ Classic but will fit the B/ TC and has heating. There’s pics on here somewhere of one fitted to a TC which had been modified to fit. Sounds like you need to find a better dealer, Cycle Werks in Barrington seem to be the place for R18 accessories, reach out to them. I’m in the UK but had parts from them saved in my eBay watchlist because it was either cheaper to buy from them or because they had parts in stock with pictures that were not showing anywhere else.

The advantage being BMW won’t sue them I imagine? I dare say BMW paid a hefty price for exclusivity to V&H, Mustang, RSD etc to supply those parts for them. No different to only being able to buy certain Arrow & V&H Triumph exhausts through dealers. Certain Akra and Termi exhausts only from Ducati dealers etc. Parts exclusivity is not solely a BMW thing but I do understand the frustration.

It looks just like the CC seat for the R18/ Classic but will fit the B/ TC and has heating. There’s pics on here somewhere of one fitted to a TC which had been modified to fit. Sounds like you need to find a better dealer, Cycle Werks in Barrington seem to be the place for R18 accessories, reach out to them. I’m in the UK but had parts from them saved in my eBay watchlist because it was either cheaper to buy from them or because they had parts in stock with pictures that were not showing anywhere else.

The advantage being BMW won’t sue them I imagine? I dare say BMW paid a hefty price for exclusivity to V&H, Mustang, RSD etc to supply those parts for them. No different to only being able to buy certain Arrow & V&H Triumph exhausts through dealers. Certain Akra and Termi exhausts only from Ducati dealers etc. Parts exclusivity is not solely a BMW thing but I do understand the frustration.
Well, I've given up on getting a Mustang, I just ordered my first Corbin. Even though they don't have one specifically for the r18B, I'm assuming the r18TC will work.
Thanks!
Daniel

Well, I've given up on getting a Mustang, I just ordered my first Corbin. Even though they don't have one specifically for the r18B, I'm assuming the r18TC will work.
Thanks!
Daniel

I thought about getting a Corbin for my R18B but from the picture that Corbin has of their seat on the Transcontinental, it looks like the back of the seat is very thick so it will work with the tour pack.

I thought about getting a Corbin for my R18B but from the picture that Corbin has of their seat on the Transcontinental, it looks like the back of the seat is very thick so it will work with the tour pack.
Ya, I'm taking a risk. I have the Wunderlich passenger backrest and rack and hopefully this ginormous pillion seat won't be taller than the backrest. :ROFLMAO::unsure:

Back