Covered under warranty ?

Hi Folks

I am interested in your thoughts. I have a 2-month-old TC. I was out for a run on Monday getting my mileage up from 450 to 580. When riding on the motorway at 70mph I noticed my right mirror suddenly moving with the wind. I pulled into the hard shoulder and noticed all the nuts etc on the underside of the fitted had vibrated off and the mirror stem was just spinning in the hole. The local dealer is ordering replacements but a part needs to come from Germany.

I suspect this wasn’t fitted properly at the PDI - should I expect the cost of parts and fitting to be covered by warranty. Bike in for it’s 600 miles service Tuesday 😄

I guess that would depend on the country/state you are from. but here in Belgium/Europe that would definitely be covered under warranty, including any labor.

Absolutely, I would have thought the same thing. Things not covered under warranty would be consumables and other items where normal wear and tear will force a replacement ( tyres, break pads, oils, filter etc.) Something breaking or falling off because inadequate fitting then will be under warranty.

Hi Folks

I am interested in your thoughts. I have a 2-month-old TC. I was out for a run on Monday getting my mileage up from 450 to 580. When riding on the motorway at 70mph I noticed my right mirror suddenly moving with the wind. I pulled into the hard shoulder and noticed all the nuts etc on the underside of the fitted had vibrated off and the mirror stem was just spinning in the hole. The local dealer is ordering replacements but a part needs to come from Germany.

I suspect this wasn’t fitted properly at the PDI - should I expect the cost of parts and fitting to be covered by warranty. Bike in for it’s 600 miles service Tuesday 😄
Thanks, Folks I am in the UK so hopefully warranty interpretation should be reasonable. I will let you know how I get on 👍

When it happened to me, the dealer pulled the missing nut and washer right off a bike sitting in the showroom and dealt with it later.
Wow that’s amazing. service. Part of my worry is that I had to buy the Bike from a dealer down south because the local dealer didn’t have the spec I wanted and none available in a reasonable time frame in the factory. I have known the local dealer for years but they didn’t do the PDI and are now picking up the pieces. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Back