Coveting an R18.

theMucker

Premium Member
Hi Folks!
I'm a former New Yawker (Long Island) and am now retired and living in Tennessee.
I don't currently own a BMW motorcycle, but I used to ride a '65 R50/2. I'm really looking hard at the R18. I saw the Concept model at the NYC motorcycle show last December and only recently found out that it has gone into production, albeit with some expected changes.
I hope to learn from here more than what the ads tell us about the BIG Boxer. And, after a test ride, maybe buy one.
Regards!
the Mucker
Sale Creek, TN

Hi Folks!
I'm a former New Yawker (Long Island) and am now retired and living in Tennessee.
I don't currently own a BMW motorcycle, but I used to ride a '65 R50/2. I'm really looking hard at the R18. I saw the Concept model at the NYC motorcycle show last December and only recently found out that it has gone into production, albeit with some expected changes.
I hope to learn from here more than what the ads tell us about the BIG Boxer. And, after a test ride, maybe buy one.
Regards!
the Mucker
Sale Creek, TN
Have your ducks in a row. After you ride it, you’ll want it.

Hi Folks!
Regards!
the Mucker
Sale Creek, TN
Go for it. I just got off it, have had it for several weeks and absolutely love it. It's smooth, powerful, comfortable and folks love to ask about it. I to am a former NYer, lived in Nashville (drive a BMW R1200R there for 7.5 years).

Have your ducks in a row. After you ride it, you’ll want it.
I rode it and I WANT it!
I took a test ride last week. DANG! I must have one. I've started negotiations at my dealer in Chattanooga. First I have to find out if I can get it as configured in my online "build". Then how long will it take to arrive? Finally, what will it cost?
I expect that Christmas will come and go before I'm headed to the "Tail of the Dragon" on my R18.
:confused:

Not sure the accuracy, but orders are taking 4 months to process from order to delivery according to last check from the dealer.

If it is in transit then it was an allocation that was already produced. Sounds like Santa heard your call and made it happen.
Yep. That's OK with me, as long as it's got the right goodies. And it appears that the Special Editions will all have the cruise control, even though it's a separate charge.

Back