Cross Country Seat

Ok, here is my odometer. First service: check ✅ ✅
When I bought the bike, one of the advice of the dealer was, before the 1st service, not to go up of 3500 rpm, and if it’s possible, try to not use the Rock mode. Ok, I did it. And I really have to say now WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The bike feels completely different riding in Rock vs Roll mode. Maybe you already knew that, but I needed to say.

Attachments

• 3C02FA1D-F810-4AF0-BADD-968C19B856A0.jpeg
    3C02FA1D-F810-4AF0-BADD-968C19B856A0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I try to avoid riding when it's raining.
But I've been caught once and could expériment the "Rain" mode, pushing it to the limit.
Very impressive anti-slip effect too.
It does keep you safe.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my odometer. First service: check ✅ ✅
When I bought the bike, one of the advice of the dealer was, before the 1st service, not to go up of 3500 rpm, and if it’s possible, try to not use the Rock mode. Ok, I did it. And I really have to say now WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The bike feels completely different riding in Rock vs Roll mode. Maybe you already knew that, but I needed to say.

My dealer didn't make any suggestions about break-in usage. In fact, maybe because they knew I was a motorcycle wrench in the past, they handed me the key, paperwork (including the owner's manual) and the First Edition gift box and waved as I rode away. :D
I wasted a couple of minutes playing with "ROLL" & "RAIN", switched back to "ROCK" and never gave them another thought. As for limiting the RPMs... well, I tried to be a good boy. But sometimes the little devil on the left shoulder hogties & gags the little angel on the right shoulder...

Final: usually Comfort and good looking are not compatible, and, this is not the exception. But, trust me, is not ugly. The only thing that I don’t like is the big passenger pillion, and it’s not removable, but I’m going to buy the passenger back rest and everything will be harmonious again.
I think I might be able to persuade my missus to climb on with a nice comfy pillion seat like that. I have the stock single tall one at the moment.

My dealer didn't make any suggestions about break-in usage. In fact, maybe because they knew I was a motorcycle wrench in the past, they handed me the key, paperwork (including the owner's manual) and the First Edition gift box and waved as I rode away. :D
I wasted a couple of minutes playing with "ROLL" & "RAIN", switched back to "ROCK" and never gave them another thought. As for limiting the RPMs... well, I tried to be a good boy. But sometimes the little devil on the left shoulder hogties & gags the little angel on the right shoulder...
Hope its not true about Rock mode - thats my go to favourite!

I think I might be able to persuade my missus to climb on with a nice comfy pillion seat like that. I have the stock single tall one at the moment.
There is a post somewhere with the description of all the Mustang Seats prepared or “licensed“ for BMW. If that post were at the moment when I ordered the seat I would selected the Weekender instead the Crosscountry. Because although it will be less cushioned, the weekender is two pieces.

There is a post somewhere with the description of all the Mustang Seats prepared or “licensed“ for BMW. If that post were at the moment when I ordered the seat I would selected the Weekender instead the Crosscountry. Because although it will be less cushioned, the weekender is two pieces.
I already have my Crosscountry seat or I would have purchased yours so you could get the Weekender. Maybe someone who is considering the purchase of the Crosscountry will do you a solid and buy yours clearing the path for you to get the Weekender.

Sorry sir, but I don't understand your statement.
ROCK mode will be the ONLY MODE for me unless I find myself in some really bad traction situation.
Riding 2up can be smoother particularly in stop and go situations in roll. Helps prevent helmet bang and body slam unless the passenger has big bumpers which in that case rock (pun intended) would be preferred.

Back