Cruise Control / Tempomat K34 on First Edition

R2K

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Is cruise control standard on the R18 First Edition or an option or not available?

I'm not sure. I am hoping it can be added in later with a different left side control grip and a software upgrade. The Users Manual discusses Cruise Control on page 49 and 50, so I am optimistic.

cruise.jpg

Its standard in the Classic, but when you buy a Classic you cannot buy the Bobberkit etc. it's very difficult to get all the parts on the bike.

Several BMW models have Cruise Control as a Retrofit kit. For the R18, one needs to replace the left side switchgear, the Throttle control and recode the ECU. That is the same items/process as retrofitting cruise control on the S1000XR.

As mentioned above, it was not on the First Edition. It is a separately priced option on the "Special Edition", priced at $350. Of that I'm sure because I have an R18 on order, with all three "packages" AND cruise control added as an option.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, it was not on the First Edition. It is a separately priced option on the "Special Edition", priced at $350. Of that I'm sure because I have an R18 on order, with all three "packages" AND cruise control added as an option.
Thank you, That was the information I was looking for.......

Unteeeeitled.jpgIn German, You can already add the Cruise control option for R18 already. I can find the code for left control with CC, butI don't see the software retrofit part T_T.
04) 61 31 9 467 929 COMBINATION SWITCH LEFT
(05)61 31 8 394 252 COVER FOR COMBINATION SWITCH,

Attachments

• B0005903.png
    B0005903.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'm planning on stopping in to the local dealer this weekend. Going to ask if it will be just a replacing the left hand controller and a ecm reflash. Chances could be they won't have the slightest clue but ya never know lol.
On my 2020 triumph bonneville that is all that is required, so hopefully will be the same with the r18 (fingers crossed)

Is cruise control standard on the R18 First Edition or an option or not available?
Not standard on the R18. I'm not sure if it's an option at this stage.
Believe it or not this past weekend I completed a 1255 mike journey from Rosemary Beach, FL to Huntington NY on the R18 over 2 days. No cruise control though it's wasn't much of a problem.

I had the CC as an option on my FE.
It's my first bike with it.
I have to admit that I feel way less comfortable with the CC on, on my R18 than I am on my cars.
Don't know why.
I probably need to make a real long ride on the R 18 to get used to it.

I was thinking about getting CC added on my new R18 if it was available, but with a 2018 Goldwing sitting in the garage for any long rides we might want to take, I question the practical necessity and cost of getting it right now.

Anyone know of any updates to this? Would love to retrofit!!
Reach out to your dealer. The parts needed are in the system. Two issues though. Very early R18s can't be retrofitted, so you'll need to check you VIN. Second, supply chain issues may mean parts aren't available as they are prioritized for new bike builds.

Back