Custom emblems

I've come across various aftermarket R18 BMW emblems being offered by different suppliers, ranging from simple metal designs to intricately CNC milled aluminum, and even titanium. However, I found both the pricing and the designs somewhat underwhelming.

On my Roctane, there are three emblems: two on each side of the fuel tank and one located at the front of the engine. The bike sports a predominantly grey and black finish, with the only splashes of color being the white and blue emblems.

Considering this, I began contemplating the possibility of designing and printing my own emblems. Aware of the challenges posed by exposure to heat, rain, and sunlight, I intend to utilize the toughest filament within my budget: PA Nylon infused with carbon fiber.

I'm eager to share my progress with you.

First some design renderings.
Comments and suggestions are more than welcomed.

1713723748776.png

1713724080108.png

1713724302297.png

1713724941452.png

I've also produced some early 60mm prototypes. This particular one is still in its 'unfinished' state, freshly taken out from the printer.

In my quest for alternatives, I explored the option of engaging an affordable CNC factory in Europe. However, my initial attempt to obtain a quote for CNC milling these parts in metal was nothing short of absurd: a staggering 180€ for each piece.
Way too expensive.
Need to find cheaper alternative.

1713725187052.png

I ordered those titanium emblems and they were unable to produce them. They offered aluminum, brass and titanium. I ended up getting chrome plated steel. Not at all what I expected.

I ordered those titanium emblems and they were unable to produce them. They offered aluminum, brass and titanium. I ended up getting chrome plated steel. Not at all what I expected.
I think you ordered the ones from Wild Garage like I did the black ones.... I finally sent them an e-mail inquiring about them and they replied back that the brass ones are the common ones everyone orders so still a delay on my order going out. Honestly if they would send me the chrome ones I could just powder coat them black.

I might have found a local factory that could "coat" the parts with a black mate Cerakote treatment (supposed to be whatever-resistant).

If the price is correct, will try their coating solution.

I think you ordered the ones from Wild Garage like I did the black ones.... I finally sent them an e-mail inquiring about them and they replied back that the brass ones are the common ones everyone orders so still a delay on my order going out. Honestly if they would send me the chrome ones I could just powder coat them black.
I’m going to powder coat these as well. I’m just waiting for the third emblem for the breastplate to arrive.

Back