Custom mirrors?

Does anyone know about custom mirror options for the R18? Attachment looks similar to HD, but I don't know if mirrors made for HD would fit. Any experiences?

Does anyone know about custom mirror options for the R18? Attachment looks similar to HD, but I don't know if mirrors made for HD would fit. Any experiences?
The mirrors are secured by a nut below the mount, so they are not threaded through the control housing.
I used some Biltwell mirrors and they worked out great.

The R18 mirror stems are larger diameter than the standard Harley size, so if you use the generic Harley mount mirrors you will probably need a sleeve to take up that extra space.
I put chrome mirrors on my R18 and was going to use the stock mirrors on a Sportster and no dice. But you should be able to work up a solution going the other way, and Harley pattern mirrors are abundant.

I installed Arlene Ness smooth cateye mirrors. These mirrors are truly beautiful but admittedly far less functional than the stock mirrors.
Install notes: the Ness metric adapters that came with the mirrors are barely long enough to go through the handset body of the R18. Cannot reuse the OEM cap nut as it appears to be a different thread pitch than the Ness adapter threads, so I was stuck using the Ness provided nut and a lock washer. Not as pretty, but barely noticable. Besides, the lever pivot bolts next to them are attached with exposed nylock nuts. Will keep eyes peeled for nicer fasteners in the future.IMG_20230910_103040217_HDR.jpgIMG_20230910_104949070.jpg

Installed Mirrors from ROLAND SANDS :)
Better then the PANCAKES Mirrors ;)
All Badges BMW in Black/White Design.🤩

Attachments

• 20231216_122320.jpg
    20231216_122320.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20231216_123635.jpg
    20231216_123635.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 36
I've been thinking about getting the RSD mirrors for my Model B; however, I'm looking for a mirror design that would allow me to mount them up close to the fairing.

I'm looking for them to appear as almost as an extension of the fairing's edge; a similar look, to the Street Glide which is mounted within the fairing...

Any thoughts or ideas; has anyone installed a similar design?

Screenshot_20231230-140117.png

Back