Custom seat pan for any seat that fits the stock configuration.

I've gotta ask... what are you up to Black Dog? Gonna do your own idea of a bobber? I have wondered how tough it would be to make the R18 into a bike with a pair of "tractor seats". My old R50 was setup that way, but it's rear fender was made strong enough to support the passenger's weight and the plunger rear suspension isolated the passenger seat and rear fender from the suspension's movement. Hmmmm....

I don't understand the "grain elevator mufflers" reference. It must be something that farmers would understand.
:unsure:
Probably the two wheeled equivalent to our local boy racer modded cars fitted out with 'grapefruit launchers'.

Making progress. This has been an interesting project.
Recieved the las two raw material pieces yesterday
ready for painting. Apparently aluminum, as shown in the picture, that the fob receiver antenna is now mounted. The aluminum plate is acting as a RF shield and limiting the range of the key fob.
Works fine with the fob in your pocket, just needs some tweaking.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Interesting.... Can't wait to see it when it is all finished.
Here it is.
Spent a lot of time tweaking the mufflers for the right sound. Different baffle configurations, glass pack, steel pack, etc.
Suffice it to say that I got the low pitched rumbleI was looking for without being annoying.
Rode 200 miles yesterday, sounds really good cruising at 110mph, 177km/hr to the civilized world.
On the ride home from the dealer in October, 224 miles, the bike had a buzz at about 80 mph.
Will not swear to it but. I think removing the stock exhausts changed the natural frequency of the entire bike and eliminated the harmonic buzz.
Total weight of the stock mufflers, rear fender support, pillon seat and sundry hardware amounted to 41 pounds, or over 5%.
Always do weight and balance calculations before any flight.

Attachments

• 2021:03:04-1.jpg
    2021:03:04-1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 2021:03:04-3.jpg
    2021:03:04-3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 2021:03:04-4.jpg
    2021:03:04-4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 2021:03:04-6.jpg
    2021:03:04-6.jpg