Customs R18

I would ask that of the seller.
Hi, I did ask the seller and he came, very fast, back with this respons:

This is airless. There will be a sealing ring inside. thank you​

does that mean that the tank has another external connection to outside pressure? Or what other solution is used nowadays? Do remember that I am of an "older" generation and in our days the blocking of the cap was notorious and could even cause an "implossion" of the tank, due to vaccuum build up while riding/draining....
Anyone??

My go to question is; When you look at a bike does it make you want to hop on and go for a putt? I've been riding for 52 years and owned dozens of bikes. The memorable ones are those that made me want to just go for a putt...Yamaha 360 enduro, Honda CBX, Yamaha XS650.
This custom does not make me want to do that, interesting to look at but I would keep walking.

I asked sc project about the exhaust. They said it is not in production. So this could be a 1 off or simply fake.

Looks good except for the lack of attention of the heat shield. It still points up and out for the stock system and looks silly on a custom build. Heck it looks silly all the time when people just bolt something on. Like me. Lol. YMMV

Edit. I may try to heat and bend the shield.

Last edited:
My attempt to configure my stock custom R18 from the base of an R18 Classic. I was wondering, how the stock Classic Exhaust would look on the Bobber conversion, once it becomes hopefully available.

Here comes the result...(sorry for the q&d photoshopping)

R18 Bobber.png

Last edited:
My attempt to configure my stock custom R18 from the base of an R18 Classic. I was wondering, how the stock Classic Exhaust would look on the Bobber conversion, once it becomes hopefully available.

Here comes the result...(sorry for the q&d photoshopping)

View attachment 3689
I believe the frame and tank are beautifully set up for the bobber look. And some like the fat front as well. I personally prefer a larger skinnier wheel to accentuate the slope back that is inherent to a bobber. No right or wrong.

To answer your question directly I think the shorter you can make the exhaust the better to fit the bobber look. But maybe it is the the fact it is pretty big diameter. Idk preferences rule the day. The very first post in this thread has an outstanding look with a long and narrow exhaust.

Below is an Interesting 5 minutes watch.

Very interesting video, thank you.

I would prefer a shorter straight exhaust too, but have not found any with a clean line and ECE homologation yet.

The Walzwerk implementation is pretty good, but I dont like the detail how the exhaust pipe is connected to the manifold.
image.jpg

I would prefer a shorter straight exhaust too, but have not found any with a clean line and ECE homologation yet.

The Walzwerk implementation is pretty good, but I dont like the detail how the exhaust pipe is connected to the manifold.
image.jpg

I can see what you mean.

image.jpg

Oh I know. I really like their work, and have the bobber kit. But for 3k you would think they would craft a new shield instead of tack welding that silly piece in. I don't get it.

image.jpg

Here is my biggest concern with the Walzwerk exhaust. They mount it from the existing mounting holes in the rear. Which means it is below the frame. Although this is an SC Performance prototype it is mounted the same way as their 'in house' set up. I expect it will drag on most every corner? Take a look.

Back