Customs R18

I am going to have Spirit Leathers (LMC’s leather supplier) duplicate that swing arm bag in black for my R18 project.
Your R18 is promising to be pretty awesome as well when you are done with it. You are clearly taking care of the small things. The hard part is to stop tinkering. But perhaps that is the real fun part (-:

Your R18 is promising to be pretty awesome as well when you are done with it. You are clearly taking care of the small things. The hard part is to stop tinkering. But perhaps that is the real fun part (-:
When it’s done I’ll know it and move onto another project.
Thanks for the compliment!

Ohhh I am so split on this one ... I really don't like the fake zink color on that one ... but the rest is soooo good! ... why couldn't he left it in black with the traditional dual white strip ... sigh Springer front ... useless but the most aesthetic fork design ever! (IMO) and that leather saddle ... I have he same style in brown on my shovel ... and then fishtails!!! If BMW, if you would have made the FEs like that I would have never changed them ... but your idea of it just really missed the mark (IMO).... but ... now you got me thinking !!! :unsure:

The headlight is mounted too high - resulting from simply marrying the stock FE item to the springer front end - and the speedo, on the left side, mounted too low. Something along the line of the Roctane's, integrating the speedo into the headlight would have been a first step in the right direction. The mirrors are the stock items, fitted upside down, and the fender brackets, front and rear, are terrible. Poorly routed hydraulic lines on the front stoppers - unfinished, like the paintwork.

The headlight is mounted too high - resulting from simply marrying the stock FE item to the springer front end - and the speedo, on the left side, mounted too low. Something along the line of the Roctane's, integrating the speedo into the headlight would have been a first step in the right direction. The mirrors are the stock items, fitted upside down, and the fender brackets, front and rear, are terrible. Poorly routed hydraulic lines on the front stoppers - unfinished, like the paintwork.
The mirrors need to be aftermarket.

It’s builders intended it to be unpainted - brushed steel look.
s

Back