Customs R18

I had absolutely no interest in the R18 First Edition when it came out and especially at MSRP. When BMW slashed the price in half with deep discounts, I became very seriously interested... I have other nice bikes and the only reason I bought it was that I got it new for $11K after the financing incentive. A friend who had been looking at one for awhile jumped on the same sweet deal when it became available.

The way BMW very significantly reduced the price to move a slow selling bike reminds me of Honda doing the same on the 1982 CBX. They didn't sell well and were in large numbers in warehouses for a couple years and then Honda really dumped the price. They suddenly FLEW out of Honda dealerships and I got one myself and wish I still had it...
Well said. I actually went to the dealership to ride/purchase an “extra” R1250R with incentives. The dealership had a demo FE with 41 miles ready to ride. While the sales guy was prepping the R1250R, I took the R18 FE out. Outside of learning there was no need to blip on downshifts and a couple of rev limiter shifts in Rock, I was sold. Sixth gear at 80 MPH was epic. The R1250R back to back in Dynamic Pro felt soft and uninspiring. The dealer offered the demo discount if I would put another 170 miles on the bike. THAT’s the way to sell bikes BMW. I prefer roll mode and look forward to the tuner everyone is raving about.

Zero regrets.

Bike for sale:scroll down and look at this Bad Boy!

That’s pretty fkn cool. Best in show to date. Those pipes FIT.

Bike for sale:scroll down and look at this Bad Boy!

Stunning package. The fenders are beautiful! Was not sure I would like the beach bars, but I am impressed. Stunning.

Stunning package. The fenders are beautiful! Was not sure I would like the beach bars, but I am impressed. Stunning.
I would like to know the size of the rear tire /rim and if it needed to be needed modified to fit.

Well said. I actually went to the dealership to ride/purchase an “extra” R1250R with incentives. The dealership had a demo FE with 41 miles ready to ride. While the sales guy was prepping the R1250R, I took the R18 FE out. Outside of learning there was no need to blip on downshifts and a couple of rev limiter shifts in Rock, I was sold. Sixth gear at 80 MPH was epic. The R1250R back to back in Dynamic Pro felt soft and uninspiring. The dealer offered the demo discount if I would put another 170 miles on the bike. THAT’s the way to sell bikes BMW. I prefer roll mode and look forward to the tuner everyone is raving about.

Zero regrets.
Same here. I went with the Classic. At the bottom dollar (demo price plus 6mos BMW payments) you simply can't touch this quality of a comparable machine anywhere near that price.
I've said it in other posts and it still applies. I feel much more grounded and connected to the bike and the road on the R18 vs my Road Glide.

Back