Customs R18

R2k, do you like any of the images you post? There's a new one every few days without you adding any commentary. This last one is clearly a rendition, not an actual bike, and crap one at that. Check out the front tire:

07D80039-44C5-4BDE-9584-59C6CB49BFF3.png

130/70 R18 (inverted? Do they even photoshop?) blown-up up to look ridiculously large. It's not a bad looking bike, it's just that it's proportions are all weird and it feels vaguely patronizing, like hey, lets throw every bobberesque thing we can think of and add Ohlins and people will go wild!

/meh. I'm reading too much into it
//seriously, work on your photoshop skills, Pierre.

R2k, do you like any of the images you post? There's a new one every few days without you adding any commentary. This last one is clearly a rendition, not an actual bike, and crap one at that. Check out the front tire:

View attachment 3216

130/70 R18 (inverted? Do they even photoshop?) blown-up up to look ridiculously large. It's not a bad looking bike, it's just that it's proportions are all weird and it feels vaguely patronizing, like hey, lets throw every bobberesque thing we can think of and add Ohlins and people will go wild!

Good to see someone else is actually looking critically at the photoshop inadequacies of these bogus pictures.
Do not mention the rear shock, seat, rear suspension interference that is obvious in the picture, stock shock might work but not the one in the picture.
Hell they have the rear shock mounted 180 degrees different depending on which picture you look at.

Last edited:

View attachment 3216

I just move them from Facebook to the forum for everyone to enjoy anyway they want. Because it’s an R18 I figure most people will take interest in them. Do you want me to stop? I really don’t add my opinion because it’s not about me just something that may be of interest to most. I am actually not a custom bike person. I like the nostalgia of the R18 more of a BMW traditionalist I like keeping it old school. I thought I was doing something nice. If I am offending you by doing this I will stop.

I just move them from Facebook to the forum for everyone to enjoy anyway they want. Because it’s an R18 I figure most people will take interest in them. Do you want me to stop? I really don’t add my opinion because it’s not about me just something that may be of interest to most. I am actually not a custom bike person. I like the nostalgia of the R18 more of a BMW traditionalist I like keeping it old school. I thought I was doing something nice. If I am offending you by doing this I will stop.
I'm not offended in the least, R2K. And it IS nice. I dig that you're throwing stuff out there for people to discuss. If you're reading any negativity into my tone, it's not intended. I'm interested in what everyone thinks, but especially the person who took the time to post the photos.

I'm not offended in the least, R2K. And it IS nice. I dig that you're throwing stuff out there for people to discuss. If you're reading any negativity into my tone, it's not intended. I'm interested in what everyone thinks, but especially the person who took the time to post the photos.
Thank you, I try my best to stay out of trouble and just enjoy the shared passion for our mutual attraction/riding of the R18. Appreciate the affirmation, I shouldn’t be so sensitive. i Appreciate your participation/contributions to the forum and the decorum you exhibit.

Thank you, I try my best to stay out of trouble and just enjoy the shared passion for our mutual attraction/riding of the R18. Appreciate the affirmation, I shouldn’t be so sensitive. i Appreciate your participation/contributions to the forum and the decorum you exhibit.
Folks that own a R18 & Indian are 1st class in my book!
I'm in your corner although,Not sure that helps you:unsure:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: R2K

View attachment 3216

I found this statement about the Facebook post:
“hello thanks for the add everyone! So my name is Ulysse, I am a motorcycle designer and I wanted to share with you a project made on the R 18. 😉 And what a better jury than the fans of this machine. The project was imagined with Tank Machine and drawn by me and then made by the same prep.
Wanted to do something different about this amazing bike which I think is a great base for a well muscular street tracker. I would like to know your opinion! Feel free if you have any questions 🙂

I say definitely keep them coming. There are multiple ways of eliciting a clever, pithy comment from Black Dog, but this way is as good as any!

Back