Dealer service wait time.

Puck

Site Supporter
Is anyone else getting 40+ days of wait time to get in for service? I need first service done but the earliest I can get from the 4 dealers in the state is end of October. I’m already at 750 miles. I was told things are ok up to 1000-1100 but I will be waaay over that if I ride as normal. This is my first BMW so wasn’t sure if that’s just normal, Or just my area is backlogged. I’m in Ohio.

Spring and summer are busy times for bike dealerships. I suspect your wait time will shorten dramatically once cold weather hits. Around here that is 3rd week on Oct.

It won't hurt a thing to go over a few hundred miles and it won't impact your warranty if you decide to do the oil(s) and filter change yourself, there isn't a valve check due.

You must use proper spec supplies and keep receipts (I usually grab an oil change kit at the dealership and take photos of the receipt, new supplies and while fluids are draining, etc.). The first service absent any problems your bike may need sorting is a fancy oil change where they give her the once over and plug her into the mother ship for any updates. The checklist they use includes the same items riders should be keeping an eye on routinely (tire pressures, fluid leaks, etc.), so I would not limit my riding. I would consider taking care of the oil change if prudent and then bring it in to the dealer for the rest when they can get you an appointment.

That said, call around to our VA-NC-SC shops to see if they have an open slot and you'd have a great reason for an awesome Autumn, Appalachians getaway.

Good luck!

Back