Deals on R18s at Gateway BMW

Black Dog

Let's Ride, Eat,
Celebrate Summer, and Win!​
R18 Sales Event Pricing
$12,900 R18 Base
$13,900 R18 Includes Passenger Kit
$15,900 R18 Loaded First Edition(Includes Heritage Gift)
$15,000 R18 Classic
$15,500 R18 Classic with Running Boards
$18,500 Classic First Edition Loaded with Options
Call our Amazing Sales Staff for Details

314-427-9090
Let's get fired up. Let's celebrate something! Summer!

All week long (August 17- August 21 until 3pm) Test ride a BMW R18 and receive a complimentary R18 T Shirt .
(Must have a valid motorcycle endorsed license to test ride) Complimentary T shirt is available while supplies last, so come early if possible!​
Saturday August 21, 2021 we will grill up some delicious burgers and dogs for you and the family from 11:00-1:30​
Test ride an R18 and you will also automatically be entered into a raffle to win a collectable first edition BMW beer stein. Only 500 of these official BMW steins were produced. $200 Value

Tuesday August 24th we will have the drawing for the beer stein via Facebook. We wish you luck!​

The deals are out there. I paid just slightly more for my Classic. Not enough of a difference to cause a stink, but I’ll take a t-shirt! 🤪

WOW!!!!!! I knew sales were bad but not that bad. I thought I got an unbeatable deal back in May when I paid 17k plus 329 for doc fees. But this is even way better.

IMO, this shows that the R18 is a financial failure.

I was at my local dealer this past week to check out the new TC and Bagger. When I asked the guy I work with over there about R18 sales, he told me they've only sold 10 since the release of the R18. 6 of which were sold when the R18 was announced. So this year they've basically only sold 4. When I asked what I could possible get for trade-in on my FE he told me, I'd be giving it away to them as they really don't want any in trade-in. Based on these prices, one would be lucky to get even 10k for their FE.

When I asked about the TC and B pre-sales, he said they only pre-sold one TC. The prices of these are insane. Basically 30k for the TCs and the I think the Bs were like 26k. I was semi-interested in the TC, but not at that price and seeing that in a years time they'll be selling them in the low 20s with all the leftovers.

I wonder how long before BMW gives up on the R18 and they are discontinued...

I've said it before, but I think that this is destined to be like the R1200C. They'll sell it for a few more years, it'll have a devoted but small following, BMW will continue to support it, and I'll likely keep it a long time....which means that I'll likely not notice or care so much how much value the thing has lost. Yeah, it would have been nice to have waited a few extra months to save $5K, but oh well.... I like the bike, which for me is all that counts...

That's ok for me.
I prefer that than seeing dozens of R18 on the roads each time I ride...
🤣
I still keep my R1200C Montauk... rare among the rare

I bought the bike to ride it, not to sell it. As long as it isn't a lemon, BMW supports it and I have fun with it that's what counts to me. My last bike I kept 7 years and in immaculate shape. I hope to do the same with my R18 Classic.

I knew the score when MAX BMW's website showed a scarcity of almost all new models except the R18. I got a good deal. Not as good as the ones listed here, but good.

The bottom line is: I love my Classic and have ridden it more the last month and a half then I usually ride all summer.

Now, about that bagger version . . . .

I purchased the dealers 2021 DEMO Classic in June with 997 miles on the odometer, with the 1st service completed. Did received a nice discount off MSRP because they had two new bikes on the showroom floor and 5 more in the back in crates. If I sold it today I'd loose about $5K due to market demands, I purchased it coming off a Harley Fatboy and the R18 is way more fun and unique, I get LOOKS and thumbs-up all the time at stop lights, something that never happened on the HD. I don't intend to sell this bike, so the price paid is not a consideration, just going to enjoy the R18 and Californina sun for a few more years.

Back