Did you get your shaft lubed yet?

Ulrich

Wow ... now that I look at that subject line ... that sure sounded different in my head :LOL: ... what I meant is the spline lube for the recall. I finally got mine done and I have to say it was a rather anti climactic experience ... spray turn spray turn spray ... wait 15 minutes and done.
Here are the lube they used (BMW issued) and the service bulletin pic how to apply it ...
IMG_20230603_094408635.jpg

IMG_20230603_094420002_HDR.jpg

As I said ... not very exciting but BMW paid for it ... so hell yes I am going to have it done ;) ! ... took only 8 months to get that can of spray!

Just wondering if anybody else had that experience as well.

Hi Ulrich,
Has there been a recall regarding the shaft U joint? I was going to slightly grease mine in any case with white grease as part of a plan of better protecting the joint and spray some ACF-50 on the rest of the shaft and under the bike and mudguards but was not aware of a recall.
Cheers

Yes there was a recall ... I think it was in October last year and only affects the early models ... there was discussion here on the forum, but I forget which thread it was in.

Just jump in here, my bike is going in for service in a fortnight and I was told over the phone mine needs this recall. It will be done while it’s in. I wasn’t entirely sure what they meant tbh but this thread explains it. My bike was an early one btw.

My bike had this done a few days ago and 1 year/6k service as part of the recall. Something that has to be done for bike line mine that are effected by the recall.

Recall??? I can't find that thread!!! Help please. Thanks
If you search under R18 Spline Lube? you will find the thread. Also search under Shaft Drive and all sort of posts will be there. The ones you are looking for are between Oct and Nov 2022.

Wow ... now that I look at that subject line ... that sure sounded different in my head :LOL: ... what I meant is the spline lube for the recall. I finally got mine done and I have to say it was a rather anti climactic experience ... spray turn spray turn spray ... wait 15 minutes and done.
Here are the lube they used (BMW issued) and the service bulletin pic how to apply it ...
View attachment 10250

View attachment 10251

As I said ... not very exciting but BMW paid for it ... so hell yes I am going to have it done ;) ! ... took only 8 months to get that can of spray!

Just wondering if anybody else had that experience as well.
$158 a can !!!!!!!!

I wonder if chain wax lube would also work?

My bike goes into the service shop next Saturday for the B/TC headlight issue; I'll ask that this recall be performed..

Yes ... but does the chainlube contain ground up unicorn horn and the magic fairy dust??? LOL .. just kidding ;)
It might... I used the stuff for a chain drive DUCATI; it wasn't bad, as it didn't wik off the chain or sprockets.. I'm going to hold off until after next Saturday..

Back