DK Crash Bar Spacer Size

Can anyone help me out with the dimensions of these 2 spacers for DK bars if you have them?
IMG_20210909_104508988~2.jpg

Unfortunately they were missing when I received the kit, hoping to source them locally if they're a generic part. I assume they would go by fastener size (ie M12), outer diameter, and length

Can anyone help me out with the dimensions of these 2 spacers for DK bars if you have them?
View attachment 2592

Unfortunately they were missing when I received the kit, hoping to source them locally if they're a generic part. I assume they would go by fastener size (ie M12), outer diameter, and length

The larger of the two is the same length as the depth of that larger frame mount hole. This one:

99924531-9341-49E8-A755-A21D08AB738A.jpeg
It’s a M12. But you’d need to remove the bolt (with the engine supported) to measure it’s true depth. Diameter-wise, it just needs to fit into that space.
I’ll try to measure the smaller one when I get home from work.

I had a heck of a time trying to get my caliper in position to measure the smaller spacer. The best I could come up with was 46.3mm which doesn't readily convert to any typical fraction. Also I noted that the larger spacer pushes the plate away from the large engine mount socket (circled in the photo) about a mm or 2. In other words, it's not flush. Which is probably a good thing. Hopefully someone who ordered the bars or who is taking them off for some reason, can chime in with exact measurements.

Thank you for the help, it sounds like I may not be able to source these spacers myself. Typically these metric spacers come in lengths that are a multiple of 5

DKD should step up and send you the missing parts.I would be leary not having the exact part since this is a structural support of the frame and engine.

Regards,Tom

Alright. Got your measurements Sqeeps.

Big Spacer
length 54 (end to end)
diameter 32mm
M12

BUT there's a little wrinkle. The cylinder has a 2mm cuff at the end which has a diameter of 24mm.
4764715B-A398-4C3A-B87B-1C977089FDF9.jpeg

Smaller Spacer
length 45mm
diameter 20mm
M10
it's black by the way

Hope this helps!

Big Spacer
length 54 (end to end)
diameter 32mm
M12

BUT there's a little wrinkle. The cylinder has a 2mm cuff at the end which has a diameter of 24mm.
View attachment 2601

Smaller Spacer
length 45mm
diameter 20mm
M10
it's black by the way

Hope this helps!
Wow,U da Man TV!
I see you will go great lengths to help a fellow R18 owner.
Appreciate you & thank you!

Regards,Tom

Big Spacer
length 54 (end to end)
diameter 32mm
M12

View attachment 2601

Smaller Spacer
length 45mm
diameter 20mm
M10
it's black by the way

Hope this helps!
I would think the offset on the end is important since it is a additional spacer connected to the frame & engine.Good Job ,Bro!

Regards,Tom

Now all you need is a lahe and some aluminum bar stock.
Or you cn try Mcmaster Carr

Now all you need is a lahe and some aluminum bar stock.
Or you cn try Mcmaster Carr
Hey I know I guy with a lathe 😁 Flies planes. Has a couple dogs. Is into Brazilian women...

What a champ! Those are certainly some odd sizes, and not a generic part. Especially with that step on the big one. I had the idea to check out McMaster-Carr but they don't have this. Time to get creative, I'll post results if there are any

Amazing.
From what I see McMaster does have those items.
Have you contacted the company that you sent your money to?
Get creative?
You bought something that is missing essential parts and now you are going to get creative?
This should be interesting. Please publish your creative solution.
Note to self: Do not buy anything from DK

Last edited:
Back