Documentation Storage

theMucker

Premium Member
I know that the requirements for "documentation" do vary according to the locale and the police department, but where are you folks storing "the papers" that you may have to show if the official folks (la gendarmerie, polizei) force you to the side of the road and want to see your papers?
Here, in Tennessee, we are supposed to be able to show our registration and proof of insurance. But the R18 has no place for the documents storage. So I folded the papers and stuffed them into a zip-lock plastic bag and then taped it to the back of the RH side cover. I may never need them, but I will be prepared for die Polizei!

R18 Documents.jpg

Last edited:
Well for being so concerned about your identity, you've now provided the forum and the world with your name, address, license number, vin number and title number.
Truth to tell, I'm not concerned with being incognito, but I have modified the photo anyway.

I have mine in my saddle bags with the owners manual. I keep my plastic key where you pictured your documents. Frankly I am a little concerned someone could steal that cover or it could come loose and fall off and I would lose my key. I am seriously considering putting a tether on the covers. Someone posted on Facebook they had their covers stolen off the bike already.
F69F6053-25BA-4AD5-AB5D-F695B5072DB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Mines in my leather jacket pocket and pictures in my phone
I tend to avoid carrying the documents in a wallet because they get slowly destroyed and a pants or jacket pocket means always being sure the they're in the clothes that you have chosen for that ride. You guys must be more disciplined than me.

Back