Does Marshall Gold Series Stage 1 make a big difference?

The Marshall Gold Series Stage 1 comes with a 90-watt subwoofer to each side case plus a 180 watt amplifier.

My local dealer have a bagger fully optioned without the Stage 1 sound system. Retro fitting the subwoofers seems expensive.

Are subwoofers necessary for good music quality or loud enough for the road and highway?

Thanks
173189-907113-bike-20220527_175821-trackbagger-42.jpg

I have recently upgraded to a TC with all the bells and whistles.

I can't tell you how they compare with any other set up but they are very loud and quite clear.
Going down the highway 80 mph with ear plugs shoved in deep... I can clearly hear them at max volume.
I tried running them at max volume without ear plugs/helmet sitting on my driveway and they were so loud I was genuinely in pain.

Well now. That is one cool looking bagger right there. Love the Alcantara seat. Damn!!!!!!
The Marshall Gold Series Stage 1 comes with a 90-watt subwoofer to each side case plus a 180 watt amplifier.

My local dealer have a bagger fully optioned without the Stage 1 sound system. Retro fitting the subwoofers seems expensive.

Are subwoofers necessary for good music quality or loud enough for the road and highway?

Thanks
View attachment 6561

The amp only powers the subs, the subs are in the bags. It certainly fills in the lows, but, as the amp does nothing to the main speakers in the fairing the quality is no more or less. My opinion is that the sound gets distorted at higher volumes due to the lack of amp powering the main speakers. My B has the high seat as I am too tall for the regular, but the wind still blasts me in the face at highway speeds, so with my full face on on the highway I can barely hear the speakers over the wind noise.

I have the Model B First Edition with the front & rear speakers; I have the audio set to "Balanced" vs "Bass" and think it can be too loud at times (it's never at max volume). I'm not experiencing any distortion and such since changing my audio setting to "Balanced"; prior though when set to maximize the Bass at the rear speakers, I thought the bass thumping added some poor audio quality.

So far I'm happy with the sound system; it was one of the reasons for going with the bagger model for me.

Thanks
View attachment 6561
Hot bike !!!!!

I have the Model B First Edition with the front & rear speakers; I have the audio set to "Balanced" vs "Bass" and think it can be too loud at times (it's never at max volume). I'm not experiencing any distortion and such since changing my audio setting to "Balanced"; prior though when set to maximize the Bass at the rear speakers, I thought the bass thumping added some poor audio quality.

So far I'm happy with the sound system; it was one of the reasons for going with the bagger model for me.
Agreed Balanced has better sounds its loud and clear can be heard well on the highway Bass creates too much distortion

So on my TC, when I use the bass mode, the bass is muddy as hell and seems to bottom out in an unpleasant way. Are the subwoofers only in the side cases? At our bike rally next week we have bike audio vendors that come and set up. I'm thinking of taking the bike to one of them to see if they can offer a solution to clean up that bass with better subs.

Back