Does the OEM Engine Bar Kit include hardware?

adamchandler

77147924349 costs $500 and it fits the Classic & Bagger. It is the engine / crash bars. On the R18 TC Parts page, this is the parts list:
tCzwptF.jpeg

1. Note, it requires 4 additional screws priced $11 and $7 each or about $50 in hardware.
  2. Yet on Revzilla's listing for the Engine bar kit, it says, "Includes all necessary installation hardware" https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bmw-engine-protection-bars-r18-2021?sku_id=10004568
  3. On the R18 B accessories page - https://www.ascycles.com/bmw/2020/R18B/Optional Equipment and Accessories Motorrad/Engine protection bar.html#PartsTable

The diagram 1 square around the parts doesn't circle the hardware, only the two bars:
dbvis-4137716552688349793.gif

I'm just a LITTLE sour at the moment because after 3 months of waiting, my engine protection bar kit finally arrived. MaxBMW was going to ship it and it'd get to me next Thursday but I'm going to a rally next Wednesday and a wedding the week after so I thought "great, 3 day weekend" so I decided to drive a total of 8 hours to and from MaxBMW to pick up my engine bars. I got them home, opened a beer and unboxed them and here I am staring at two engine bars and no hardware. MaxBMW is closed until Tuesday.

they shipped me exactly what I ordered but the description on Revzilla lead me to believe it had the screws. I am very annoyed here but shit, I guess it's all my fault?

So much for burning a tank of diesel so I could get these installed.

Knowing hardware was supposed to be in the box would make me feel a little bit better but I don't have these screws in my junk drawer.

77147924349 costs $500 and it fits the Classic & Bagger. It is the engine / crash bars. On the R18 TC Parts page, this is the parts list:
tCzwptF.jpeg

1. Note, it requires 4 additional screws priced $11 and $7 each or about $50 in hardware.
  2. Yet on Revzilla's listing for the Engine bar kit, it says, "Includes all necessary installation hardware" https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bmw-engine-protection-bars-r18-2021?sku_id=10004568
  3. On the R18 B accessories page - https://www.ascycles.com/bmw/2020/R18B/Optional Equipment and Accessories Motorrad/Engine protection bar.html#PartsTable

The diagram 1 square around the parts doesn't circle the hardware, only the two bars:
dbvis-4137716552688349793.gif

I'm just a LITTLE sour at the moment because after 3 months of waiting, my engine protection bar kit finally arrived. MaxBMW was going to ship it and it'd get to me next Thursday but I'm going to a rally next Wednesday and a wedding the week after so I thought "great, 3 day weekend" so I decided to drive a total of 8 hours to and from MaxBMW to pick up my engine bars. I got them home, opened a beer and unboxed them and here I am staring at two engine bars and no hardware. MaxBMW is closed until Tuesday.

they shipped me exactly what I ordered but the description on Revzilla lead me to believe it had the screws. I am very annoyed here but shit, I guess it's all my fault?

So much for burning a tank of diesel so I could get these installed.

Knowing hardware was supposed to be in the box would make me feel a little bit better but I don't have these screws in my junk drawer.
Here in Seattle we have stores that sell screws, nuts and bolts! All kinds. 😎

I keep a variety of stainless nuts, hex head bolts and nylocks on hand for most everything metric. If you need something let me know and I will get them to you.

Engine bars are installed but I'm still ordering the BMW ones. they probably just won't get here for a week but at least bars are installed now. Unfortunately, Clearwater sent me the wrong brackets. They're too small so my weekend plans remain thwarted!

Adam,

In the event you did end up installing the OEM hardware, were you still able to leave the steering damper alone? Or did you have to remove it?

Hi, the steering damper is still intact.

You can see it pictured here above the fender:
52367348870_f06d0d16fa_b.jpg

and just in front of the frame below the tank / steering
52366926391_decfbd1a41_b.jpg

I also show off the clearance of that damper during this video: (2 minutes in)

Got it, thanks! I ask because I did try to use the OEM bolts but I wouldn’t know how to start tightening the upper one as the bolt is round and there is not a tiny gap between front of bolt and end of damper.

Hi, the steering damper is still intact.

You can see it pictured here above the fender:
52367348870_f06d0d16fa_b.jpg

and just in front of the frame below the tank / steering
52366926391_decfbd1a41_b.jpg

I also show off the clearance of that damper during this video: (2 minutes in)
Hi,
Thank you for the video.
Do these bar dimentions ok to prtectect the engine cover from touchingh the ground? I got a feeling from the photos that bottom of the engine cover still not protected with these protection bars as they are nearly same size laterally from the side of the motorcycle.
The front view photo od the Wunderlich Protection bars shows the complete distance between the protection bars and the engine cover. However I prefer to go with the BMW OEM part if they are providing adequate protection.
https://www.wunderlichaustralia.com/shop/wunderlich-engine-protection-bar-chromed-3/

Back