Duration of ownership??

What 30 seconds of work? Do you mean turning down the shock?
Yes, pop off the side cover and a 13mm socket on a short extension will make short work of the adjustment. There are some posts on this forum and simple directions with photos also in the owner's manual.

🍻

Yes, pop off the side cover and a 13mm socket on a short extension will make short work of the adjustment. There are some posts on this forum and simple directions with photos also in the owner's manual.

🍻
But make sure the panel is well attached! I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s lost the right side side panel!

But make sure the panel is well attached! I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s lost the right side side panel!
Do not lube the lower panel attachments more than an insignificant amount if at all...a dab will do it! I leave the upper prongs un-lubed......listen to LockieP !

I have seen a handful of these bikes for sale with little to no real mileage on them. How would you all explain this? Is it due to poor decision on buyer/ loss of appeal/ loss of value/ maybe they moved on to bigger bikes?

I am fairly certain I will buy used for less depreciation, but a new one isn't out of the question. As the bike will take the place of my secondary street bike I am more willing to try something less conventional like this "tank"
I asked the same question, I bought a 2021 with only 4900 miles. I am 62. The original owner was 70, and it wasn't for him. I got it from my friend who put 60 miles on it and sold it to me he got a sporty KTM. Other bikes I looked at had less than 5k. In the US, I think older buys buy them and realize it's too much to handle. I have only put 40 Miles on it and I like it. The YouTube reviews make you think it is hard to ride and difficult to find the break and shifter. It took a few minutes to get use to. It's a beautiful bike and, reasonably priced. I think seniors in the US buy it and have second thoughts.

I think that it is a sign of the times. So many seem to commit to doing so much these days with almost no idea or understanding of anything, including themself!

It must be so nice to stumble through life in that way.... totally clueless.

I asked the same question, I bought a 2021 with only 4900 miles. I am 62. The original owner was 70, and it wasn't for him. I got it from my friend who put 60 miles on it and sold it to me he got a sporty KTM. Other bikes I looked at had less than 5k. In the US, I think older buys buy them and realize it's too much to handle. I have only put 40 Miles on it and I like it. The YouTube reviews make you think it is hard to ride and difficult to find the break and shifter. It took a few minutes to get use to. It's a beautiful bike and, reasonably priced. I think seniors in the US buy it and have second thoughts.
Sadly, that is my experience too. Buyer gets it and changes their mind quickly.... for me it rode great and i was comfortable on it after the first city block! However, i am a habitual buyer/ trader of motorcycles (hence the reason my r1200r is in the for sale section). i have seen a dozen of the R18 bikes at "give-away" prices... but do NOT need one. I honestly just want an antithesis/contrast to my new goldwing and If i sell my roadster then i have a dozen options similar to the R18 (Fatboy, fatbob, valkyrie, thunderbird storm, diavel, heritage softail, and a handful of bobber builds), but i don't know if i should be patient or satisfy my urge to get one NOW???

decisions.... right??

Sadly, that is my experience too. Buyer gets it and changes their mind quickly.... for me it rode great and i was comfortable on it after the first city block! However, i am a habitual buyer/ trader of motorcycles (hence the reason my r1200r is in the for sale section). i have seen a dozen of the R18 bikes at "give-away" prices... but do NOT need one. I honestly just want an antithesis/contrast to my new goldwing and If i sell my roadster then i have a dozen options similar to the R18 (Fatboy, fatbob, valkyrie, thunderbird storm, diavel, heritage softail, and a handful of bobber builds), but i don't know if i should be patient or satisfy my urge to get one NOW???

decisions.... right??
1st World Problems..

Back