Dyna beads

R18 100

I never used wheel weights on my R1200C, opting for dyna beads instead (the mag rims were too awesome to ruin with weights). Tires seemed to last and last. Since I joined this forum I haven't seen any comment on dynabeads. I guess some folk think they (the beads) can damage a rim on the inside. What say you?

I must admit, this is the first time I hear about this.
The weights on my rims does not bother me, so I would not have gone for beads based on ascetics only, however, I have now read a few reviews (not big in the UK market by the looks of it) and the comments are positive. They don’t seem to damage the interior of the rims according to a couple of comments but I take the reviews with a pinch of salt as like I said, there are not many from the UK to make a strong average.

Actually, in the UK it seems like there is one main distributor and this is the one making 80% of the promotions. Just read a post of a guy with a GS that had beads in the front tyre and the vibrations were uncomfortable over 70mph.
5K later the front rim was shot.

I never used wheel weights on my R1200C, opting for dyna beads instead (the mag rims were too awesome to ruin with weights). Tires seemed to last and last. Since I joined this forum I haven't seen any comment on dynabeads. I guess some folk think they (the beads) can damage a rim on the inside. What say you?
I have been using the beads in all of my bikes for over thirty years now. I have read all the negative comments and I don’t buy any of them. My tire life is exceptional, my wheels are not scarred by weights and they never go out of balance.

If you spend big bucks on rims as I have, perhaps dyna beads should not be used as the stakes are high.
I used them for years and then recently a service guy at a local motorcycle shop said they damaged rims.
Oh well.

If you spend big bucks on rims as I have, perhaps dyna beads should not be used as the stakes are high.
I used them for years and then recently a service guy at a local motorcycle shop said they damaged rims.
Oh well.
Do you have any pictures of this supposed damage? Because it sounds like someone who doesn’t want to deal with the hassle and potential mess from mounting and dismounting tires with beads.

I used the dyna beads before and never noticed much difference in tire life. I don't think they will damage your wheels because the beads are forced against the tire. This is a video of the action of the beads in a car tire but it should be about the same with a motorcycle.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wqsBegQIGBAE&usg=AOvVaw3yEC6HYQM-ij52Z4Akddzi

Tried them on my Harley, not a big fan. You might a shop with custom colored weights that can balance the wheels properly.

I used the dyna beads before and never noticed much difference in tire life. I don't think they will damage your wheels because the beads are forced against the tire. This is a video of the action of the beads in a car tire but it should be about the same with a motorcycle.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQXPLfOPXc&ved=2ahUKEwirypyWyNmFAxVKfzABHaQwD_kQwqsBegQIGBAE&usg=AOvVaw3yEC6HYQM-ij52Z4Akddzi
Cool video.

I was told that dyna beads don’t work in tires that have a flat surface…i.e. cars. The reason is that the beads constantly roll around side to side.
In a round motorcycle tire the beads stay put at speed.

I can't imagine there aren't custom wheel weights to match your rims. If you wanna go crazy, have a half dozen powder coated to match your rims, then have the guy use them when he balances them.

Back