Engine Badge cad model

Yes ... but it was only meant to be a mock-up test and it has my initials on it. Do you need just a blank one? .. I can dig it up after work today and post it if you like and make a blank one ... and I am not sure if I can compile it as an .std right now it is a .stl or .sldprt

Actually .. here is a screenshot ... I thought it up, but never followed through. My access to a CNC mill is limited and always results into owing a favor to the guy that owns it ... and I am too lazy at the moment for that :LOL:
Engine Batch.PNG

Yes ... but it was only meant to be a mock-up test and it has my initials on it. Do you need just a blank one? .. I can dig it up after work today and post it if you like and make a blank one ... and I am not sure if I can compile it as an .std right now it is a .stl or .sldprt
Hey
thanks for the reply.
I could work with stl . ... iges/step would be better.
jimmy

nice looking .luckly i programme and run a 5 axis machine, so might have a chance of squeezeing it in
Ohhh ... nice! ... if you can get me a sketch of what you want on it I may be able to crunch that out for you .. but it will have to wait for the weekend, we are busy at work at the moment and as I said I am lazy ;)

@Ulrich You could print that in some sort of heat resistant (nylon filled glass?) material at any 3d printing services shop that can do selective laser sintering. I've done this a few times already, here is my latest prototype. Keep in mind I already checked the temp of the engine with a thermal gun and compared it to the heat deflection rating of the material and all is good.

Attachments

• BMWEngineBadge1.jpg
    BMWEngineBadge1.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 23
@Ulrich You could print that in some sort of heat resistant (nylon filled glass?) material at any 3d printing services shop that can do selective laser sintering. I've done this a few times already, here is my latest prototype. Keep in mind I already checked the temp of the engine with a thermal gun and compared it to the heat deflection rating of the material and all is good.
Sure ... but I prefer Aluminum ... I understand that this material holds up .. it is just the thought of it ;) ... but it does look good !

that looks amazing! I would love to print that in ABS

that looks amazing! I would love to print that in ABS
As I recall ABS heat deflection was around 80 degrees to 100 degress Celsius and it's melting point was 190 C. This means the plastic shouldnt melt at that location on the engine casing but it will get soft enough that it might deform. Keep in mind I didnt experiment with ABS at all so there could be varieties out there which are more heat resistant than the standard stuff.

Back