Engine crash bars for the Bagger

Dear all.

I would like to add a set of engine and panniers crash bars, preferably in black as my engine, frame and fork is also black.

I like the moustache shape that Motea does but it seems to be only for the classic model.

For the panniers I much prefer the Wunderlich ones. Ideally I should buy from one place to get color matching etc, I just don’t like the oval shape Wunderlich designed for the engine bars.

Does anyone knows if the Motea engine bar for the classic also fits the Bagger? I am doubtful as the frame is slightly different but I am not expert.

Thank you all.

Any reviews on Roadstlyer they also fabricate & sell protection bars for the R18B. They are located in Poland????
I've recently ordered their "Front Engine Guard - v2" in matte black, and I'm expecting to receive it in a couple of days.

The cost is approximately 260€, including shipping (from Poland to France.)
RoadStyler asserts the use of a 3mm thick wall tube, which I believe is thicker (so... tougher?) than the 2mm wall tube used by Wunderlich.

I just installed the Hornig engine guards for my R18B and thought I would chime in here as well.

They seem to be very well made and the weld quality and finish work and powder coating is excellent and matches the frame pretty much perfectly.

Here are my suggestions when it comes to installing them.

1) Make sure you have blue locktite on hand for a few critical spots... both of the lower mounting tabs that are below the oil cooler and of course, the bolt that ties the passenger side engine guard to the frame itself could use a drop while you are in there.

2) I'd suggest mounting the passenger side unit (two sides bolt together) first and don't snug it down until everything is together.

3) You need to temporarily remove the steering dampener from the steering stem via the T40 torx that holds it in place.

4) When you have both sides aligned and the lower bolt installed on the driver's side, gently tap the two sides together with a rubber mallot.

It seems to be a well-engineered piece. It took less than a week for mine to get delivered to Arizona.

Attachments

• hornig 1.jpg
    hornig 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • hornig 2.jpg
    hornig 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • hornig 4.jpg
    hornig 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • hornig 5.jpg
    hornig 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
PM me with a reasonable offer if somebody wants an OEM BMW set of chrome crash bars ... as far as I know they fit every model (as far as I know) ... but please US shipping only.

Back