Exhaust Flapper Valve Servo/Cables Removal

Does anyone have a link to instructions/video on how to remove the exhaust flapper valve cables and servos?

I would like to tackle this, but some instructions would be very helpful. I have searched and in theory these are the steps:

-- Remove the cover over the valve spring and cable connectors
-- Loosen the cable adjusting nuts
-- Remove the cables from the valve
-- Remove the wire connectors from the servos
-- Remove the one screw holding the servos to the frame
-- Remove the cables and servos
-- Install the Servo Buddy modules (2) to replace the servos in order to prevent a code to be thrown

I know these should be the steps, but if someone who has done it could write a step by step document and/or a video with any tips and tricks, lessons learned, etc. would be very helpful.

Thank You!

It’s literally a 30 minute job, maybe less.
Get under the bike and look at the assembly. The steps you list are exactly the what you are asking for. No one is going to make videos for simple tasks.

Get under the bike and look at the assembly. The steps you list are exactly the what you are asking for. No one is going to make videos for simple tasks.
Any tips in removing the wire connectors as far as locking tabs? After the one screw holding the servos is removed, does the servo assembly slide in any particular direction? Any other tips you can share?

Thank You!

Agreed... Definitely less than 30 min.; search "servo" on the forum, I posted something with pictures and required tools needed to complete the job. Your steps basically cover it.

I just recently removed the cables and the entire servo module; it took all of 10 min. Probably easiest to remove the cable anchors from the flap pivot point; there is torx screw which holds a plastic cover over the flap mechanism; once removed, you can manipulate the cable into the slot and then pull the anchor free.

Not sure if removing the cables will generate an error code? Perhaps there is some sort of expected feedback that the servo module is looking for?

Might be worth getting two Servo Buddy modules in order to suppress any error codes? Might as well remove the servo module as well (reduced weight)?

If I can find any pictures, I'll post them.. the attached pictures are a great example of what I was describing (Thank you); I marked up the picture with RED dots.

Loosen the two nuts used to adjust the cable tension, that will provide enough slack in the cable to remove it off of the wheel guide, then manipulate the cable into the slot in order to free the anchor entirely.

Screenshot_20230615-155401.png

Back