Exhaust for R18 B or Transcontinental

R18TC

Site Supporter
Coming from the HD Touring world the first thing I'd like to change on my new R18 Transcontinental (yesterday I got it from the dealer) is the exhaust system (pipes and mufflers). I looked everywhere on the Web (from the BMW Motorrad site to Vance & Hines to Akrapovic to Dr. Jackill & Mr. Hide) but I couldn't find anything. The only options are for the R18 naked bikes.
Do You have any info about available products or soon to be released ones?

Last edited:
I know that BMW was supposed to be coming out with some exhaust options, but can’t say when that’s going to happen.

Have you looked into Freedom Performance Exhausts?

I know that BMW was supposed to be coming out with some exhaust options, but can’t say when that’s going to happen.

Have you looked into Freedom Performance Exhausts?
Thank You Rambler358: I didn't know about these Freedom Performance exhausts.

The
Coming from the HD Touring world the first thing I'd like to change on my new R18 Transcontinental (yesterday I got it from the dealer) is the exhaust system (pipes and mufflers). I looked everywhere on the Web (from the BMW Motorrad site to Vance & Hines to Akrapovic to Dr. Jackyll & Mr. Hides) but I couldn't find anything. The only options are for the R18 naked bikes.
Do You have any info about available products or soon to be released ones
The stock pipes on the fairing bikes should be the same as those on the Classic. So aftermarket that works for the Classic (where saddlebag clearance is a concern) would more likely fit on the faired bikes. Any that are only for the base R18 would be more questionable. But the fairing bikes are still relatively new, so manufacturers haven’t had chances to test them yet to confirm fit and adequate clearance for heat.

The pipes for the bagger and TC are going to mount differently. I installed a set of Freedom Performance pipes on my TC. It wasn't difficult but you will have to cut the saddle support bar to install pipes designed for the classic. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy and I figured it out. BTW no instructions or available installation videos from Freedom Performance so I really had no choice but to figure it out on my own. If had could do over again I would have purchased Remus pipes.

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_193139_7.jpg
    IMG_20211204_193139_7.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20211230_083524_5.jpg
    IMG_20211230_083524_5.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
The pipes for the bagger and TC are going to mount differently. I installed a set of Freedom Performance pipes on my TC. It wasn't difficult but you will have to cut the saddle support bar to install pipes designed for the classic. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy and I figured it out. BTW no instructions or available installation videos from Freedom Performance so I really had no choice but to figure it out on my own. If had could do over again I would have purchased Remus pipes.
Thanks for Your reply. I knew it was like that. If the full exhaust system is not certified for the B or TC versions, the risk is that You need to "adapt" it to the bike as the other models has no bags or bags attached to the bike in different positions or with different gear. Compliments for Your skills in adapting those pipes to Your TC.
This is the reason of my request: I prefer to wait for dedicated versions for the B and TC models.

Thanks for Your reply. I knew it was like that. If the full exhaust system is not certified for the B or TC versions, the risk is that You need to "adapt" it to the bike as the other models has no bags or bags attached to the bike in different positions or with different gear. Compliments for Your skills in adapting those pipes to Your TC.
This is the reason of my request: I prefer to wait for dedicated versions for the B and TC models.
I admire your patience. My mods have held up well so far. But if I have any issues all I have to do is weld the cut support sections and remount the stock pipes.

Back