Exhaust mod on Classic

Hi all,
I’ve seen a few posts about exhaust mods individuals have done to their OEM end pipes and wanted to know if anyone has done it to their Classic?
If so what has the end result been when riding? Does it get much louder, is there a notable difference and does the exhaust now drone?
Considering doing this myself but don’t want it to be unbearable as it’s an expensive problem to fix if I don’t like it…

I disabled the servos and drilled out the baffles. There is a difference...but not much. At speed, I can clearly hear the engine ticking away like a sewing machine.

If you are curious and have access to some torx bits, the exhaust on the classic is only held together by 2 screws (chrome cover) and a clamp on each side. Slip off the slip-on mufflers on both sides and take a listen to how the exhaust sounds unmuffled. While you're there, you can disconnect the wires that control the butterfly valve that resides directly after catalytic converters on each pipe.

It may sound odd, but I can tell that the exhaust gasses are being shot out of a 1" hole at the very end of the pipe and I hate the sound it makes because of it.

Back