Factory break-in oil brand?

My apologies for not reading. Liqui Moly is what I change to, not what is used at factory.

REPENT!

(kidding) I use LM in my Subaru as it's the only oil it doesn't slurp up. It's great oil as well. What you posted will be my second choice if the bike doesn't like 7100. My triumph didn't like it but it did like the 5100.

Bike comes new with Dinosaur oil for break in. At around 4k miles I'll switch to Redline 20-50 synthetic. That's what I put in every bike I've had. I'll also go to a K&N oil filter an air filter.

Uh-Oh, oil thread.

I use BMW oil for 600 mile service and again fro 6,000 mile and keep receipts. After that, I use the oil that meets spec which and is affordable. I get 50% off Motul oil through a sponsorship so I use their oil that meets spec & weight for all of my bikes. No issues.

Sorry I just couldn't help myself ... the oil question appears to be the big conundrum of the motoring world 😁 ... and I am afraid it will never be answered to the satisfaction of everybody ... let's just say the answer is '42' ;)

Back