First days experiences

Hi all. 2 days, short rides. Observations:
Of course the bike is brand new, only 200 km at this point. On some occasions, I have been unable to select first year and roll away. As this bike generally does not have a clunk when engaging first gear, it’s not as obvious as it could be. Sometimes I have to do the old trick of depressing the shift lever and starting to engage the clutch so that the gear slipped into place. Anyone else with those experiences? I’m assuming this will resolve with addl use…

I specifically asked for the high seat when I ordered the bike; it has yet to be delivered. I’m 72 and not as flexible as I used to be. I definitely need the high seat in order to be comfortable and confident on the bike. It’s a bit of a reach getting my feet up on the foot boards, and if I’m a little stiff it’s difficult to lift my leg in order to use the heel shifter to upshift.

hopefully the high seat will arrive soon. That 1 inch will make all the difference, which I also found with my RT high vs low setting.

Hi all. 2 days, short rides. Observations:
Of course the bike is brand new, only 200 km at this point. On some occasions, I have been unable to select first year and roll away. As this bike generally does not have a clunk when engaging first gear, it’s not as obvious as it could be. Sometimes I have to do the old trick of depressing the shift lever and starting to engage the clutch so that the gear slipped into place. Anyone else with those experiences? I’m assuming this will resolve with addl use…

I specifically asked for the high seat when I ordered the bike; it has yet to be delivered. I’m 72 and not as flexible as I used to be. I definitely need the high seat in order to be comfortable and confident on the bike. It’s a bit of a reach getting my feet up on the foot boards, and if I’m a little stiff it’s difficult to lift my leg in order to use the heel shifter to upshift.

hopefully the high seat will arrive soon. That 1 inch will make all the difference, which I also found with my RT high vs low setting.
Get yourself an Airhawk while you wait, and you can use it with the higher seat too - Amazon.com: AirHawk 2 Comfort Seating System Seat Cushion - Medium Cruiser - Inflatable Seat Cushion with Black Cover - Made in the USA: Automotive. It comes with two stretchable ties - I only use one, permanently attached at the front of the seat.

Back