First post and Question re: R18TC

Pulling to the left issues? Yes, it's inherent, courtesy of the physics of the boxer design. However, I've never found it to be an issue at any rolling speed. It's just fun to kind of blip the throttle while in neutral and watch the entire bike lurch - just a BMW quirk, and it's been on every BMW boxer I've ever owned.

Mike
Actually that PTTL issue was on my K1600GTL... It was a well known deficiency on that model. Some did a lot some didn't do at all and nobody solved the mystery and as you may be aware GTL did not have a boxer engine. I returned that bike day after i bought and thankfully dealership honored my request and purchased a R1250RT from them instead...

Actually that PTTL issue was on my K1600GTL... It was a well known deficiency on that model. Some did a lot some didn't do at all and nobody solved the mystery and as you may be aware GTL did not have a boxer engine. I returned that bike day after i bought and thankfully dealership honored my request and purchased a R1250RT from them instead...
Gotcha. When I'm referring to the bike "pulling", I'm referring to the torque from the engine itself pulling the bike sideways. However, the torque should pull the bike RIGHT, courtesy of the direction of crankshaft motion.

I'm not familiar with the K1600GTL PTTL issue then. The TC rides on rails down the road, and torque from the boxer engine doesn't interfere with performance in that regard.

Mike

Back