First ride with 7Jurock 16” height, flip on top, clear and comparison with short 14”

emgarciax

Site Supporter
Went for a short ride, again, on I-95 to try another 7Jurock windshield
This one is 0.5” taller than stock at 16” with flip on top, clear and thicker material.

I have already used a shorter 14” (but wider) version, you may see my impressions here:

Again, switching windshields, while not an instantaneous thing, is a matter of 15-20 minutes at most.
Just make sure you have towels (or a sofa) to place the windshields and avoid any scratches.
Quality, finish and optical clarity are top notch. You will not be dissapointed

About this version and how it compares to the shorter (and wider) version. Both with flip on top.
At 5’ 6” I’m on the short side, however I could still see over the windshield in my normal riding position with plenty to spare.
Obviously the larger windshield keeps the airflow higher over your head than the shorter version.
I can attest to this difference because I could not feel airflow circulating inside the top of my Schuberth C5.
This was validated by slightly raising my ‘seating position’ (as if i was going to stand) and immediately felt the flow.
So what I found is that height can be a two edged sword because, at least here in Florida, you do want airflow into your helmet most of the year.

Another thing I found, and this is a bit of a subjective appreciation, is that both windshields provided about the same amount of wind-noise reduction on the sides of the helmet, the area outside the ears / speakers / hinge.
Could this be the result of the additional 2” width? I think at least it contributes to it.

I hope this review, and the information in it, helps fellow riders in search of a better fitting windshield.

IMG_5375.jpeg

The out of focus ahead on this picture is due to camera “blur” effect. This windshields is as optically clear as can be.
IMG_5384.jpeg

IMG_5380.jpeg

Last edited:
Went for a short ride, again, on I-95 to try another 7Jurock windshield
This one is 0.5” taller than stock at 16” with flip on top, clear and thicker material.

I have already used a shorter 14” (but wider) version, you may see my impressions here:

Again, switching windshields, while not an instantaneous thing, is a matter of 15-20 minutes at most.
Just make sure you have towels (or a sofa) to place the windshields and avoid any scratches.
Quality, finish and optical clarity are top notch. You will not be dissapointed

About this version and how it compares to the shorter (and wider) version. Both with flip on top.
At 5’ 6” I’m on the short side, however I could still see over the windshield in my normal riding position with plenty to spare.
Obviously the larger windshield keeps the airflow higher over your head than the shorter version.
I can attest to this difference because I could not feel airflow circulating inside the top of my Schuberth C5.
This was validated by slightly raising my ‘seating position’ (as if i was going to stand) and immediately felt the flow.
So what I found is that height can be a two edged sword because, at least here in Florida, you do want airflow into your helmet most of the year.

Another thing I found, and this is a bit of a subjective appreciation, is that both windshields provided about the same amount of wind-noise reduction on the sides of the helmet, the area outside the ears / speakers / hinge.
Could this be the result of the additional 2” width that I requested the shorter version to have? I think at least it contributes to it.

I hope this review, and the information in it, helps fellow riders in search of a better fitting windshield.

P.S. Stay tuned as I have a surprise coming up from 7Jurock to the forum users. Upon forum admin approval, of course.

View attachment 12777

The out of focus ahead on this picture is due to camera “blur” effect. This windshields is as optically clear as can be.
View attachment 12778

View attachment 12774
Looks nice they do make a quality product!!! I went on their website to see the cost but the height starts at 17” unless its a custom order???

For which model?
For the Classic the 14" medium gray with flip is $145
For the TC bear in mind that since that windshield is so raked, the 20” tall will sound too tall but in reality turns out to be about 1/2” taller than stock, if my trigonometry doesn’t fail me.
So if you're going shorter, same thing applies.

For which model?
For the Classic the 14" medium gray with flip is $145
For the TC bear in mind that since that windshield is so raked, the 20” tall will sound too tall but in reality turns out to be about 1/2” taller than stock, if my trigonometry doesn’t fail me.
So if you're going shorter, same thing applies.
I have a 2022 BMW R18B

Thanks! Does look good, but the shorter mid gray one looks even better (see other post).
The tone goes so much better with the matte green.

I clicked the link (thank you) and it does look “better” but I don't think the taller one looks out of place either. Kind of hard to make such a beautiful bike look “bad”. Lol. Enjoy the ride.
Oh no not at all. The taller one looks a bit more on the majestic side, while the shorter one more "brewery hopper" like.

14 to 16” comparison update:
To be expected, but this wasn’t on my radar, the 16” is better than the 14” if you want to hold intercom conversation with the passenger.
At this, the 16” reduces the chances of involuntary (wind-based) VOX activation on the passenger helmet.
So, even though I rider mostly one up. I may be leaving the 16” on.

Back