Flap Valves

David R

I unhooked the cables from the flap valves in the exhaust. I unhooked the cables by loosening the whole control unit and moving it closer to the valves to get some slack in the cables. Not exactly an easy task.

I went about 3 miles tonight, could not tell.

I am getting better at leaning it in a corner then hit the gas in first gear and spin the tire. I can do it left and right. Its a hoot!

Riding to work tomorrow morning. Will have more information.
David

I unhooked the cables from the flap valves in the exhaust. I unhooked the cables by loosening the whole control unit and moving it closer to the valves to get some slack in the cables. Not exactly an easy task.

I am getting better at leaning it in a corner then hit the gas in first gear and spin the tire. I can do it left and right. Its a hoot!

David
Hitting the gas and spinning the tire exiting a corner! Sounds fun. Probably time to go ahead and order some bar ends and engine covers so you won't have to wait to replace!

David
Did i Miss something ? Which cables and which flap valves? Didn t see any of these in the exhaust.
Thanks.

Valves are under the bike after the catalytic converter on each side.

Now that they have been off for a few miles, I am leaving them that way.

Its a tad louder, and much louder when I get on it.

Its worth your time to try it.

Be careful unhooking them, don't get kinks or bends in the cables.

Good, a question that I had is now inadvertently answered. Some flap valves default to Closed, obviously with no cable tension these default to Open. Did you "roll the dice" or look first before disconnecting?

Back