Floor Board Installation Question

For those who installed the BMW Accessory Chrome Floor Boards, switching from foot pegs, did you have to change the kickstand?

In the installation instructions it states that the new kick stand is a required part.

The OEM TC/B floorboards are interchangeable only If you have the footpegs type shown in this image.
This is my TC, where I swapped in the R18B footpegs for my floorboards, also got springs, bushes, pins and clips.

1686700030277.png

If you have the round footpegs, then you'd require the boards, the base mounts, the kickstand, clips, springs, bushes, pins, and heel shifter if preferred.
The floorboards are not compatible with the mounts for the round footpegs.
It's when the mounts change that the stop point for the kickstand is altered, (possibly something simple could be fabricated to provide the stop for the original kickstand but I have not considered that aspect).

Folks on the forum have posted some great ideas if you realize afterwards the need to change shifter and brake pedals to meet your preference with floorboards.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
The OEM TC/B floorboards are interchangeable only If you have the footpegs type shown in this image.
This is my TC, where I swapped in the R18B footpegs for my floorboards, also got springs, bushes, pins and clips.

View attachment 10399

If you have the round footpegs, then you'd require the boards, the base mounts, the kickstand, clips, springs, bushes, pins, and heel shifter if preferred.
The floorboards are not compatible with the mounts for the round footpegs.
It's when the mounts change that the stop point for the kickstand is altered, (possibly something simple could be fabricated to provide the stop for the original kickstand but I have not considered that aspect).

Folks on the forum have posted some great ideas if you realize afterwards the need to change shifter and brake pedals to meet your preference with floorboards.

Hope this is helpful

Thank You! I have the R18 with the round foot pegs, so it seems I need the new kick stand. I just can't believe that BMW is charging $380 just for the kick stand.

There are a number of non-OEM (compatible with round footpeg mounts) alternative floorboards/footpegs that folks have found and mentioned on the forum, searching for 'floorboards' would be a good place to start.

I swapped in the Wunderlich lowered footpegs for all my round pegs, but they are just a sort of mini floorboard so may not fit your needs.

1686756819138.png

Thank You! I have the R18 with the round foot pegs, so it seems I need the new kick stand. I just can't believe that BMW is charging $380 just for the kick stand.
I just finished putting foot boards on my '21 FE and didn't replace the kick stand, no problems with clearance or anything else...reaches ground with no problem.

I just finished putting foot boards on my '21 FE and didn't replace the kick stand, no problems with clearance or anything else...reaches ground with no problem.
Yeah, I bought the kickstand, but it was not needed, so I returned it. I ended up using just the new OEM mounts with the new OEM floor boards and the existing kickstand works just fine. Not sure why they recommend a new kickstand. I placed it next to the existing kickstand and they look identical. This is for a R18 100 Year Edition.

Back