Fork fat upper protection removal

Does any one know or could guide on how to remove these glossy black fat upper fork tube protectors ? I see some release screws on the lower T for the tube but can t see any on the top T .
Thank you. Help will be much appreciated.

I looked at that, I don't need those guards there. The fork has to slide out of its holders to remove the outer cover. Not a big deal, I will probably do it if I redo the front suspension. I have not figured out if it needs it or not. Every bike I upgraded the suspension was worth it.

David

Yes got it . don t know why but last time it took me to the rider s manual ! Now i got what i need.

Thank you .

Regarding the Overall suspension of the bike , i would say it s quite limit for such a pricy motorbike. I tried that bike before the buy for over an hour on tiny roads with plenty of curves. It was great . I realize the roads there were in pretty good shape, unfortunately it s not the same where i live. that s my speed limiter ! can t see so well after 70km/hr (glasses moving on my nose:)). My previous bike, Ducati supersport 939 S, had excellent suspensions and i could have fun on these roads at much higher speed with no vibration issue. The R18 is disapointing on that point of view.
Philippe

Todkavonic, How did you manage to get to that PDF ? I try using that link to see if there is something else interesting but it direct me to rider s manual all the time despite what i take off on the link .
Thank you .

Credit where credit is due, McEnroe provided it in this thread:

Go to https://www.bmw-motorrad.de/de/service/manuals/install-manual.html

Scroll down. Choose R Modelle Heritage. Next screen, choose one of the four R18 subtypes. Next screen, click the box marked "Hinweis gelesen und akzeptiert" then choose language in drop down menu. I speak very little German (ein Bier bitte, Dieses Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale) so choosing which of the service manuals I'm looking for is always kinda haphazard, but there ya go.

Back