FRONT FENDER for R18

I bough it but it arrived damaged. Overall, the quality is really good- welding, paint, pinstripes. Pinstripes were a bit thicker and the seller adjusted them on the replacement which he just shipped to me. I should receive a replacement in couple weeks- I'll post a review...
Did you receive it and get a chance to install it yet? (Price is up to $530 now btw)

Last edited:
I have the Ebay fender from Estland and it looks great. I could place it with out taking of my front wheel. Problem is that the bolds are so tight but I managed to losen them. The fender is Aluminium and I think there should not be a plastic fender on the R18.IMG_7478.JPGIMG_7478.JPGIMG_7464.JPGIMG_7469.JPG

Last edited:
Aluminum is not a good choice for front fenders, especially the softer alu-alloys. They tend to form as easily as they tend to develop fatigue cracks. I do not think that there is a single OEM that fits aluminum front fenders, not currently anyway. They either do steel (adding fork bracing) or plastic (reducing un-sprung weight) - ABS or carbon-fiber in case of the latter. The modders will use aluminum to spin rear huggers on bobbers but only steel for wrappers on raked front ends - life is tough up there with the wind rushing in.

The eBay Alu R18 Fender is probably a commercial-grade pressing (no standard or norm to comply with and no reputation to risk), and a pretty thin one too, without any reinforcing added across its brace-width (where it mounts to the forks). I'll opt for ABS instead, already proven on a zillion Suzondayamasaki's, and Ducati's, out there. The R18B/TC OEM Steel Fender does not look quite 'right' on the regular R18 or R18C, IMHO. There is just kind of too much of it, I cannot explain it any better. The DK Design(R) 'gladiator helmet' suits it much better and I bet its wide neck at the back keeps lots of debris off the oil cooler.

I will be fitting a 16" R18C front wheel on my regular R18FE. I have 21" front wheels on my Breakout and Cross Country but I have fallen totally out of love with the 19", or potentially a 21", front wheel on the R18. It simply has to be 16" with the fat 130/90 front tire. Again, only IMHO.

Last edited:
I received a replacement from Estonia/eBay, installed it today and went for a 2hr ride right away. It's sturdy and nicely painted - i would recommend it to everyone.

Metal is slightly thicker than the stock one.

Sorry for the late response, i was away on a cruise vacation and have not been on this forum for a while. Just logged in today.

I got the ALIEXPRESS fender and it is super nice quality, especially for the price.

BUT.... just be aware that the fender matches the frame and front forks paint and NOT the tank and rear fender factory paint that has the metallic dust in the paint. The paint on this fender is sold black with no metallic pearl or metallic dust ( or flake) that the tank and rear fender have. It matches the sold black paint of the front forks. This is the only thing that everyone should be aware of.

I assume that the DK design fender is exactly the same ?

Anyone with a DK design fender want to reply ? I am assuming and guessing that the Dk design fender also doe NOT have the metallic pearl or flake that the tank and rear fender have ?

Can anyone with a DK design front fender reply ????

Last edited:
Darn, failed to discern the metal flake in the R18 paint. Guess I was not looking at it closely enough when I have seen it outside in the sunlight.

Back