gas mileage

I have ran 5 tanks through so far. 49mpg was my best full tank, 42mpg was my "worst". High speed highway and city driving seem to drive it down. Relaxed cruising on two lanes are the best. There's a lesson to be learned there. . . . . . ..LOL.

I am hoping for 40mpg after the sidecar install.I've got about 3,000 & it does seem to be getting better.

Thx TtS.

Regards,Tom

I just rode a 1300 mile trip to Mpls/St. Paul from Rapid City, SD about ten days ago. My average mpg was 50.7 for eleven fills (US gallons). Low mpg was 45.5, highest was 54.4

My R18 has about 5500 miles on it now, and for my local riding, it's getting 49-50 mpg consistently.

I just rode a 1300 mile trip to Mpls/St. Paul from Rapid City, SD about ten days ago. My average mpg was 50.7 for eleven fills (US gallons). Low mpg was 45.5, highest was 54.4

My R18 has about 5500 miles on it now, and for my local riding, it's getting 49-50 mpg consistently.
Thank you very much for the feedback.

Regards,Tom (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic and comments.I'm averaging right at 45mpg.
With the small gas tank and no fuel gauge, mileage is important if the R18 is a daily rider or touring the country.Running out of gas or hunting for a station with no cell service in a remote area,is not fun.

That’s spot on what I’m getting 40 mpg as close to sea level as it gets with car attached
My mileage is between 45-50mpg @ 75 mph depending if there is a headwind.
I will be adding a side car as well.Thank you for the update.

Back