Going to pick up mine on 2/12

aicpjim

Site Supporter
I was on the fence about this bike, having currently owned a K1600GT, but I decided to take the plunge. BMW offering a pretty nice incentive. Got my brand new R18 Classic First Edition for $14,995 (without floorboards), with 0.9% BMW financing for 60 months, and BMW makes your first 6 payments. They practically MADE me buy it for that deal. Going to pick it up in Charlotte NC tomorrow. Anyone have a suggestion on aftermarket floorboards that WON'T reduce leg stretch any? Thanks! Wish me luck!

I was on the fence about this bike, having currently owned a K1600GT, but I decided to take the plunge. BMW offering a pretty nice incentive. Got my brand new R18 Classic First Edition for $14,995 (without floorboards), with 0.9% BMW financing for 60 months, and BMW makes your first 6 payments. They practically MADE me buy it for that deal. Going to pick it up in Charlotte NC tomorrow. Anyone have a suggestion on aftermarket floorboards that WON'T reduce leg stretch any? Thanks! Wish me luck!
I have owned 3 K16's, 2 were GT's and 1 B. Traded my 19 GT for the R1250RT. I got hooked on the R18 from the deal being offered. I too, got the deal you did. Just couldn't say no, and honestly...I am loving it! Just purchased the BrenTune that we did on the group buy. Still time for u to jump in on it....enjoy!

Has anyone bought either of the OEM BMW tank bags for this bike? One looks tiny, like only big enough to put a phone in it, but the other one almost looks too big.

Has anyone bought either of the OEM BMW tank bags for this bike? One looks tiny, like only big enough to put a phone in it, but the other one almost looks too big.
I have the small one.Yes it will hold a pack of cigarettes(I don't smoke so mo room 4 me) and a cel phone.Thats about it:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have owned 3 K16's, 2 were GT's and 1 B. Traded my 19 GT for the R1250RT. I got hooked on the R18 from the deal being offered. I too, got the deal you did. Just couldn't say no, and honestly...I am loving it! Just purchased the BrenTune that we did on the group buy. Still time for u to jump in on it....enjoy!
Sorry if I missed the info on that. What does it do and how do we get it? Thanks!

Deals like that are out there and make this (almost) a no brainer. I also did the Classic with pegs. The footboards seemed too stubby for my big feet (13 US) and the heal/toe rocker on the model I test rode just felt clunky and hard to find. Not sure why. In either case the Classic offered the options I really liked better for a few $$ more, especially the cruise control. I personally noticed a difference in handling with the 16" wheel. The straight pipes (IMO) look better and I would have probably spent another $800-$900 on aftermarket upgrades. Congratulations on the new toy. Now go put some milage on it.

Here is the link for the group buy

Back