Greetings and observations on the TC

Armyvoyager

Site Supporter
Just bought a new Transcontinental two days ago. Added some Grab on grips and a cramp buster throttle rocker. Already agreed to swap my tall windshield for one that is four inches shorter, should then be able to look over it. Swapped out the chrome mirrors for black ones. Thinking about best options to cover up the shiny aluminum panel on the gas tank, wondering what fool would put something in that area that would reflect the sun into the rider’s eyes? Did anyone get an iPhone connector or do I need to spend $30.00 to get the BMW proprietary cord? Thinking hard about sending seat off to Russell Daylong for a rebuild. Has anyone on this forum successfully added a driver’s backrest to the stock TC seat? Also want to unscrew the muffler caps and get the interior painted black, right now it really looks chintzy from the rear. Has anyone put the footrests on their bike that BMW sells for the top of the crash bars, and do you like them?

Attachments

• FE317730-F9AD-416D-BE0D-8BDA453179EB.jpeg
    FE317730-F9AD-416D-BE0D-8BDA453179EB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Welcome army voyager, I bought an R18 Transcontinental about 3 weeks ago and like it. But I have already placed my order at Russell for a back rest and fix to the front third of the seat. Russell is booked full so my build date is 3rd week in September.
I have a floorboard mod coming soon that everyone on this forum will like. I am replacing the stock floorboards with 13 inch long ones from DRAG SPECIALTIES. The product is DS- 254412 but I am not using their fasteners. I have a machinist friend who is welding up a bracket that will bolt to the floorboards. This will provide a forward control position with the feet.

floorboard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard of a "grab on grip". Time to surf my browser.

Back