Greetings from NW Idaho

I ordered a black one from Amazon and received chrome. Sounds like you had better luck.
That sucks. Motherwell seems to have some unfortunate naming convention as well. They have a MWL-530 on AMZ in Chrome (I bought that one) but I don't see a gloss black version anymore and then also a MWL-530-09, which is a bit different but available in gloss black. Both are listed on the MWL website with the same mounting hole spacing though. Hope you find a black one ultimately.
Screenshot_20220210-204147_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20220210-204115_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have been in contact with Motherwell, including sending them (at their request) a drawing with accurate measurements of my fender and required rack dimensions. Dead silence after that. IMHO the Wonder-lick rack is ugly and too small. I love the look of the rack designated for Triumph Bonnie-based bikes like the America and Speedmaster. I guess I am a bit frustrated that despite there being a good number of R 18s around now, there does not seem to be any sense of urgency at BMW or any other makers for a solo luggage rack for the fender.

I have been in contact with Motherwell, including sending them (at their request) a drawing with accurate measurements of my fender and required rack dimensions. Dead silence after that. IMHO the Wonder-lick rack is ugly and too small. I love the look of the rack designated for Triumph Bonnie-based bikes like the America and Speedmaster. I guess I am a bit frustrated that despite there being a good number of R 18s around now, there does not seem to be any sense of urgency at BMW or any other makers for a solo luggage rack for the fender.
I spoke to the Motherwell people about the Triumph rack. They will build you one in black but not in chrome. Sounds like it would be one-off production.

I spoke to the Motherwell people about the Triumph rack. They will build you one in black but not in chrome. Sounds like it would be one-off production.
OK, thank you Dave. They have just re-initiated contact with another request for measurements. (ahem) which is not inspiring confidence. I have suggested they consider a business case for making racks specifically for the R 18 market.

Back